.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

A suggestion for the waypointing system
Old
  (#1)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default A suggestion for the waypointing system - 04-01-2005

Can't believe i didn't think of this before. Would it be possible to set priority numbers on the paths for the waypointing system your developing mal? I don't know if you already got something like this, but it would be awesome to implement, because we can set different priorities for each or certain paths and have the bots go certain ways and such.

You could set it to where before the bot reaches a waypoint it checks the attributes to see if the priority flag is set, checks the number and makes a descision if that path has higher priority or not and selects weither or not to travel that path or a higher priority path. If it see's no priority flag set, then it travels along the path like normal.

Just thought i'd throw this out.

Re: A suggestion for the waypointing system
Old
  (#2)
Maleficus

Default Re: A suggestion for the waypointing system - 05-01-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Can't believe i didn't think of this before. Would it be possible to set priority numbers on the paths for the waypointing system your developing mal? I don't know if you already got something like this, but it would be awesome to implement, because we can set different priorities for each or certain paths and have the bots go certain ways and such.

You could set it to where before the bot reaches a waypoint it checks the attributes to see if the priority flag is set, checks the number and makes a descision if that path has higher priority or not and selects weither or not to travel that path or a higher priority path. If it see's no priority flag set, then it travels along the path like normal.

Just thought i'd throw this out.
Hmm, I THINK I understand what you mean. Say on beach: the bot has the docs, so you want to be able to control whether or not the bot takes the short route to the radio, or the long route??

If thats the case, I have been trying to find a way to do that. If not - can you give an example?

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#3)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: A suggestion for the waypointing system - 06-01-2005

No, you got it, it's just basically setting priority values on certain paths, and then having the bot determine which is most important, that's a good example you pointed out.

Old
  (#4)
Maleficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
No, you got it, it's just basically setting priority values on certain paths, and then having the bot determine which is most important, that's a good example you pointed out.
I think I found the answer. It kinda hit me today - it was so obvious.

I'm gonna crank out the code tonight and see if it works, and if so - you'll be able to have a lot of control on how the bot paths in certain circumstances, without taking away too much of the bot's autonomy.

This next version (which I'm planning for the end of the month), won't really have any good waypointer tools available, but after that release, I want to get together with you and The Ghost and whoever else wants to help out, and figure out just what you guys will want/need in the way of tools to make your life as waypointers easier, and see what I can do to help. Theres so much about the menu/UI system that I don't understand, that I'll have to spend some time studying it, which I'll be more willing to do after this upcoming release.

Cheers!

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#5)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus
This next version (which I'm planning for the end of the month), won't really have any good waypointer tools available, but after that release, I want to get together with you and The Ghost and whoever else wants to help out, and figure out just what you guys will want/need in the way of tools to make your life as waypointers easier, and see what I can do to help. Theres so much about the menu/UI system that I don't understand, that I'll have to spend some time studying it, which I'll be more willing to do after this upcoming release.

Cheers!
Sounds good to me, just let me know when your ready and i'm game.