.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > The Agora
The Agora This is the place to go if you have suggestions, or if you want to participate in Council discussions. Everyone is welcome!

Re: My Website is UP!!!!!!
Old
  (#11)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: My Website is UP!!!!!! - 29-04-2004

it has something to do with bots...
waypoints...

Old
  (#12)
SoUlFaThEr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntkillaz
hey if u make a good enuff tutorial (which i'm sure u will after all u n Austin made the new wpting style)

can we swipe it and stick it into pb2.6mm docs?
saves me or >BKA< T Wrecks doing it.
not quite sure what you are asking for.......

you want me to write what you and T Wrecks are planning to write or do you want me to make the html pages for it? and you insert your text?

how far off am i on that?

I may have gone berzerk with the graphics......some are calling me a wizard or a 1337GraFXer......and others are puking thier guts out on the choice of colors.

in the end......you cant please everyone........but i sure can please myself

about the browser problems.......OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i am not well versed in html at all.......this is only my second attempt at it.......so i anyone can help me get it compatible than cool...Pierre is already cleaning up some unecessary codes in it......makeing the files even smaller without changin the appearance......personally I LOVE the look.........i love deep reds .....even named our last CD "Blood" hehehe

Old
  (#13)
Huntkillaz

well ....i'm thinking that you are gonna write a tutorial on how to waypoint with u n austins new waypoint editor...and then post it to ur new site (which also works fine n dandy in firefox n myie2)

so i was thinkin that since ur gonna make one we could save time and let u make it while we do other parts and then we could combine em all together...

but i u haven't got the time then it's cool well do it.

●_•

Old
  (#14)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Quote:
but it's the integration with Bots United... mainly, if we do this for SoUlFaThEr whereas his site is not a bot site, for who else will we need to do it in the future, and who not ?
The hosting thing is an issue that needs to be worked out. Thinking ....

Having mappers work closely with the bot developers is a very good thing to ensure that maps work well with bots.
How much of SoUlFaThEr's work is related to bots?

Remember our long term goal is to integrate all aspects of game development together.

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Old
  (#15)
SoUlFaThEr

Well first off i have to say this:

PIERREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE

WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing works and i am not AUTHORIZED to erase anything so that the site works...........WTF???????
the way you put it now............nothing is visible and it looks like a 2 year old tried to do php......i only see my cute design tiled many times over the page, and my news bit, but no layout that i made and links and NONE of the pictures are working. you did something wierd to all of those images i made......and they arent showing up and i CANT erase them.
PLEASE dont upload things without checking them to see if it worked.......the last 100 people that came to my site did not see what they should have and will most like never come again. ((((((((((((
one reason why none of thics are working is because for somereason you saved them a jgeg. and all the links to them are set to point to a jgp. i just found out that i cant rename either......

i know you are are trying to help.....believe me.......but you cant do that to me like that.!!!! kiss kiss hug hug put it back the way it was or make it work right before going to bed. sorry if it sounds like im freakin out
i still love you

and why am i not "authorized" to erase, or overwrite,or rename on this ftp? thats wierd

back to the issue.
i never made a map without thinking of bot navigation. i always tested my layouts in maps with bots and if the map went well with bots......then i left the layout and began work on details. I even made 2 maps dedicated to Austins server called de_austinbotblast 1 and 2. Waypointing carreer: i would say there is no single person that has waypointed more maps "with quality" than me. i dont autowaypoint, things are placed by hand.......my contribution to this bot dates 3 years back, I have been moderating Nukeboxs maps and waypoint forums for a long time, helping people make them or i did requests. my contribution, as viewed on my site when it works, looks small when i put everything ive made into 3 seperate waypoint packs.........but its over about 380 waypoints or more. and truthfully i am missing at least 100 waypoints through computer crashes/breakdowns(had to format and lost everything quite a few time).
also my contribution to this present pod2.6bot is timewise just as much as pierre in my opinions pertainging to testing, waypointing, rewaypiointing and rewaypointing, providing information, writing menus, ideas for functions. plus i need to make the point that i was given this webspace before BU even started. he should just simply disallow me to have this adress and the4n theres no problem anymore:
http://soulfathermaps.bots-united.com

rather......i should have only
http://soulfathermaps.de

i just dont code.........thats the only thing i havent spent my time on in relation to this bot

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 29-04-2004 at 12:26..

Old
  (#16)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Eeeeasy... relax

I agree that your site has something to do with bots since you're both mapper AND waypointer ( and involved waist-deep in this bot stuff etc. ).
On the other hand, Pierre has a good point in saying that it's difficult to draw a limit concerning who can be hosted on bots-united and who can't.
BUT: As you said, you got your hosting arranged before BU even started, and I guess it was kind of a "private agreement" between you and Nova. And I guess Nova has every right in the world to decide whose page(s) he will host and whose not.
However, I think it's a good idea to drop the bots-united URL and only keep soulfathermaps.de, and if it's only to avoid further confusion on the current issue.
And if more people come and ask if they can be hosted on BU - well, isnt't that one of the tasks the council is there for?

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#17)
Huntkillaz

i was thinking maybe after our docs r done for pb2.6mm he could slap em up with his site..therefore it becomes part of bots

someone will need to reamke an offical site ....some time

●_•

Old
  (#18)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

maybe after PMB edited it, it changed the files to be owned by him.

Old
  (#19)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

I don't know what could have been wrong, I tested it thoroughly and it was working perfectly ?

*edit*

here's how the site I uploaded shows on my computer:

I really don't understand, everything worked here, even after the upload ???

*edit* and I tested in 800x600 and 1024x768, it works perfectly too !

*edit again*
OK, let's make another try. This time I'm letting your version of the site as is, I don't touch it, I'll just put the one with my changes in a subdirectory.
hence the ORIGINAL site is here:
http://www.soulfathermaps.de
and the MODIFIED one is here:
http://www.soulfathermaps.de/newsite...ing/index.html
And for me, they look identical in the browser, except that the modified one is centered in the browser window whereas the original one isn't...

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Last edited by Pierre-Marie Baty; 29-04-2004 at 17:10..

Old
  (#20)
Cpl. Shrike
ShrikeBot Coder/Moderator

This the property on one of the frontpage images.
If ya put the image url into the browser url bar you get this ::

Code:

Not Found

The requested URL /images/MyLogo.jpg was not found on this server.  

Apache/1.3.26 Server at soulfathermaps.bots-united.com Port 80
======================
edit.

I see a little discrepancy between image domain and site domain

Last edited by Cpl. Shrike; 29-04-2004 at 16:31..