.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

ET Waypoint Village
Old
  (#1)
420Blunt

Default ET Waypoint Village - 05-03-2008

I decided to make waypoints for village. I wasn't sure what stormers plans were and it's been over a year since he has posted anything.

Waypoint attached and you can get the map here

Unzip et_village_1.00.pk3 to your fritzbot folder.

Last edited by 420Blunt; 07-03-2008 at 07:15..

Re: ET Waypoint Village
Old
  (#2)
420Blunt

Default Re: ET Waypoint Village - 07-03-2008

Found and fixed a bad landmine action that I had moved from the command post and forgot to change the entity.

New version attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip et_village_1.01.zip (9.3 KB, 416 views)

Old
  (#3)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: ET Waypoint Village - 07-03-2008

1.00 not bad. A few tweak suggestions;

* narrow node 3 in allies initial spawn to 40, and throw one connection over the nearby low fence. A few bots are getting pushed and sticking against the fence pole near node 3

* maybe tweak the down paths of the ladders near the gold so the bots fall down rather than climb down. I saw the carrier get stuck once because of a medic bot that was on the ladder when he was going down.

* maybe path over the top left where the bots come through the window so as to come down on top of the mgnest (action 36?) amongst the axis spawns on the way to the cemetery (assuming the bots don't miss the sharp turn).

Thats all I can think off. Team sizes were good at 8-8

Old
  (#4)
nedd3h

Default Re: ET Waypoint Village - 15-06-2008

so are we looking at a v1.02 soon then?

Old
  (#5)
TomTom

Default Re: ET Waypoint Village - 07-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedd3h View Post
so are we looking at a v1.02 soon then?

Since it is a branch from 420Blunt's work the latest waypoints are 1.01.1. (link good till Oct 2009) Besides my suggestions above, I have done lots of tweaking, including radii cleanup. Threw in some other changes including around the CP (axis will now build it mainly just at the start.), H&A pickups and more mg actions, more routes and a slightly better defense near the truck (axis can beat allies 2:1 in tests), and a few smoke actions.

I restored one of the barbed barriers to slow the Allied bots initially getting to the broken wall (near the bedroom). They are poor at removing it but once the axis appear on the other side the bullets fly and it is gone.

Ladder pileups still happen sometimes so don't put more than 8 bots in each team. I have made some improvement on the ladders including an experimental back of the scrum route to make some bots switch to the other ladder.

Nice small map for quick games.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Old
  (#6)
nedd3h

Default Re: ET Waypoint Village - 09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom View Post
I restored one of the barbed barriers to slow the Allied bots initially getting to the broken wall (near the bedroom). They are poor at removing it but once the axis appear on the other side the bullets fly and it is gone.
Is this the one you mean?

I saw quite a few bots both sides either die from fence damage or get stuck at this point.

I found a point where a BOT got stuck on some stairs. He stayed there until he got shot.

It's an enjoyable map to play with BOTs this one, well done!

Old
  (#7)
TomTom

Default Re: ET Waypoint Village - 09-08-2009

Yes that is the one, I generally only saw one die before it was shot-up, but I can delay the Allied bots a different way instead.

I saw only the one bot get caught on the stairs and it cleared itself eventually. The odd thing is I slide quite easily on that stair wall. Anyway I can add a node in the middle of the stairs on the up path. That should attract a stuck bot after a few seconds.

Yes the credit goes to 420Blunt, I mostly did cleanup so the bots are more fluid and hopefully more human. Thanks for the help.

Old
  (#8)
TomTom

Default Re: ET Waypoint Village - 10-08-2009

Ok barrier gone again, collector node added minor route changes in 1.01.2 (link good until Oct '09)

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Old
  (#9)
nedd3h

Default Re: ET Waypoint Village - 16-08-2009

Hi TomTom, that barrier is still there with the same issues for axis/allied. Can you script it so they throw some random bullets in the direction of it when approaching. I just had a game and saw 4 axis then 2 allied getting stuck on it.

The axis were jumping around it going nowhere and then later 2 allied were hard up against it trying to run through it as if it wasn't there.

Old
  (#10)
TomTom

Default Re: ET Waypoint Village - 16-08-2009

Oops My bad, the newer script file did not get in the 1.01.2 zip file, Corrected (and tested) in 1.01.3. (link good till october 2009)

Last edited by TomTom; 16-08-2009 at 07:39.. Reason: Uploaded 1.01.3 and tested sv_pure 1 map et_village