.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Enhancement Workshop > (mEAn) Bot.Admin Mod / ServerLoader > Have a server running (mEAn)? Let us know!
Have a server running (mEAn)? Let us know! Let us know about your dedicated (mEAn) enabled servers in here

Mean Server Running
Old
  (#1)
Wildman

Default Mean Server Running - 29-09-2005

I have Mean running on my server.
After I installed it there was no turning back, the bots were to easy without it.

The Only Problems I have are the bots aim High so if you crouch the won't hit you and I Am running AMX mod, when someone types "nextmap" amx tells the right map and Mean tells the first map in the maplist(on top of each other).

Server address 69.14.231.40:27015

Re: Mean Server Running
Old
  (#2)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: Mean Server Running - 30-09-2005

You should be able to disable the next map command that mEAn uses with the m_setcommand command.

The bots should still be able to hit you even when you crouch, however they always target the head first if its in view and there may still be hitbox problems in CS when a player is crouching. The aiming is not perfect and I've seen the bots shoot at slightly off target and consistently missing. I think adding some randomness in the aim would help, and it would help to allow the bots to aim at parts other than the head, esp when the skill is lower than highest.

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut