Sorry everyone for this bug, I had add undocumented and broken setting to 1.40 that broke low level bots. On my test server I had disabled this setting from configs so I didn't even notice until last week when I set up new server.
Anyway here's the new fixed version with some new features like endgame chat, bots aiming slower vertically than horizontally, etc, see changelog
binaries (i586, win32 & linux)
What is new in 1.41:
What is new in 1.40:
- Fixed low level bot aiming (were rapidly shifting right to left)
- result removed undocumented and broken setting 'aimangle_varitation'
- Add skill setting updown_turn_ration, setting to make bot aim up-down worse
- Add bot endgame chatting.
- New setting 'bot_endgame_percent', see jk_botti.cfg
- New section [bot_endgame] in jk_botti_chat.txt
- Bot 'write' long chat message for longer time now than short message.
- Binaries now work on AMD K6 series CPUs.
What is new in 1.30:
- Add support for Opposing Force Deathmatch.
- Tuned skill 1 bot to be more leet, skill 2 is now about same as old skill 1.
- New sound system and sound tracking system, huge improvement in how bot finds enemy that isn't visible.
- Bugfixes to goal selection and weapon selection, results huge improvement how bot work on when not given good weapons on spawn (I used to test with Severian's Mod where you usually get good weapons on spawn).
- Bot now understands that it can get more ammo by picking up same weapon again.
- Bot avoids combat if it doesn't have good weapon or doesn't have enough health.
- Output warning message when model given for bot creation is replaced by team-balance code.
- Changed to only check existance of player model file on listenserver when creating bots.
- Changed save order of waypoint .wpt and .matrix files so that matrix doesn't have to be calculated one extra time.
- Fixed instability problems: Replaced most of dynamic memory management with static memory.
- Fixed buggy creation of crouch waypoint over drop (it's recommended to replace server datacore.wpt with stock wpt since this bug hit most hard on datacore on one specific high traffic area).
What is new in 1.24:
- Fixed Severians MOD detection with teamplay.
- Fixed bug with jk_botti only using first 3 letters of player/bot team name.
- Fixed bots to get affected by weapon recoil. Somewhere along hldm releases recoil code was moved completely to client.dll, so now jk_botti will emulate client.dll function. Difference to MP5 aiming is most notable.
- Removed hack to make bot aim worser than it should when using MP5, this isn't needed anymore.
- Added team autobalance for teamplay servers. Requirements: mp_teamplay is set to 1 and mp_teamlist is set with more than one team.
- New commands 'team_balancetype' and 'team_blockedlist'. See jk_botti.cfg for details.
- Disabled 'bot_conntimes 1' on listenserver.
What is new in 1.20:
- Rewrote min/max_bots code.
- Increased config-file processing and bot adding speed.
- Changed bot kicking to use 'kick # <userid>' instead of 'kick <name>'.
- Fixed broken random bot selection code.
What is new in 1.10:
- Added support for lifts.
- Fixed weapon selection code to honor weapon secondary/primary attack skill setting.
- Fixed bot get up ladders better.
- Fixed min_bots/max_bots to handle other metamod bots correctly.
- More aggressive autowaypointing for linking separate areas.
- Fixed autowaypointing for paths leading from water to dry.
- Added missing ammunition type 'ammo_9mmbox'.
- Fixed goal selection to use wall mounted health/battery rechargers.
- Compiled with more aggressive optimization flags. This speeds up path-matrix creation.
- Fixed output for 'kickall'-command.
- Fixed bot not to jump when coming near edge and bot is planing to go down using ladders.
- Workaround for loading map specific config for map 'logo'. Use '_jk_botti_logo.cfg' for this map. 'jk_botti_logo.cfg' is already used for bot spraypaints.
- Fixed bot always ducking when next waypoint is crouch waypoint. This caused bot not be able to jump through small window with crouch waypoint inside.
What is new in 1.01:
- Fixed bots to use wall mounted health/battery rechargers and buttons.
- Fixed bots to pick up items.
- Fixed observer mode so that bots don't hear observers anymore. This caused bots to get interested about observer sounds and track theim.
- Lowered default bot lookaround/pause frequency and times.
- Fixed autowaypointing not to place waypoints midair.
- Fixed autowaypointing not to create impossible upwards paths.
- Fixed autowaypointing not to create crouch waypoints if there is room to stand up.
- Old waypoint files are automatically processed to fix above autowaypointing errors.
- Lots of tweaks to autowaypointing: better handling of ladders and stairs, better linking of isolated areas.
- 'autowaypoint' is now default on.
- New command 'show_waypoints' for viewing/aiding waypoint creation.
What is new in 1.00:
- Bug fix: Fixed 'bot_conntimes 1' crashing Windows server.
- Remembers bots from config when recreating bots by min_bots/max_bots.
- Change bot connection times on server queries.
- Set 'bot_conntimes 1' in config file to have different connection times for each bot on server query.
- Tweaked code computing RunPlayerMove-msec.
- Bots don't see targets too early behind corners.
- Based on HPB bot 4.0 by botman.
- Uses BotAim code by Pierre-Marie Baty.
- Uses code from GraveBot by Caleb 'Ghoul' Delnay. (goal selection system, longjumping)