Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > YaPB
YaPB Yet another POD-Bot flavor by Whistler and Jeefo Counter-Strike

Modding player models and teamkilling bots
Old
  (#1)
visualtim
CS Bot Newbie

Default Modding player models and teamkilling bots - 29-04-2006

I am currently using an AMX modx plugin that changes the admin's current player model to one of their own choosing. For example, instead of always having one of the four default terrorist or CT models, I can choose to look like the Terminator or have a model with "Admin" splashed across the chest. However, this plugin then changes the names of the models from "1337" or "gign" to a custom one like "admin" or "terminator". Because of this, when on the CT team, the CT bots then see me as an enemy and Team Kill me while the Terrorist bots will have nothing to do with me and just ignore me. This issue is seen in detail in the following link:
http://www.amxmodx.org/forums/viewto...odel&start=105

Is there a way to fix this so that custom player models can be taken advantage of? Is there a way to not identify friend from foe soley based on the name of the model? Please please, help me in any way you can.

--Tim¤

Re: Modding player models and teamkilling bots
Old
  (#2)
Whistler
Summoner

Default Re: Modding player models and teamkilling bots - 29-04-2006

try the latest Testing version which can be found in this forum.

Old
  (#3)
visualtim
CS Bot Newbie

Default Re: Modding player models and teamkilling bots - 01-05-2006

Thanks for the fast reply.

I downloaded what you said to download. Used the podbot.dll, and now it works! Thank you very very much. I only wish I had seen that post before.

--Tim¤

New Problems...
Old
  (#4)
visualtim
CS Bot Newbie

Default New Problems... - 06-05-2006

Alright, I don't wanna hijack your "Latest Test Version" with my constant problems, so here we go with a re-cap and update...

It turned out (for me) that YaPB worked perfectly with MetaMod v1.18 and AMX Mod X v1.6 with the posted version (Jan 31st 2006) on the YaPB website. Since I started using an AMX mod that changed the player's model file name (so as to have custom models), I began using your newest test version listed. It all worked, except for the fact that the server would crash every 2 hours. Quite a pain for something that's to run 24/7.

Looking around lots of forums, I decided it would be best to update both AMX Mod X and MetaMod to fix any previous bugs they might have that might be causing my server to crash. Now, as I write this, I have AMX Mod X v1.71 and MetaMod v1.19 .

You said to put in "+localinfo mm_gamedll addons/yapb/dlls/podbot.dll" in the "Set launch options..." in the "Properties" portion of my Dedicated Server icon in the steam menu. I currently have "-dll addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.dll" in there, so I changed it to just "+localinfo mm_gamedll addons/yapb/dlls/podbot.dll" and it still crashes.

I'm so confused as to what to do to make this work and everything is confusing. The only way now to make the server run (and this is apparantly without any bots) is for the "Set launch options..." to only have "-dll addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.dll" and to set the following files like so:

liblist.gam
Quote:
game "Counter-Strike"
url_info "www.counter-strike.net"
url_dl ""
version "1.6"
size "184000000"
svonly "0"
secure "1"
type "multiplayer_only"
cldll "1"
hlversion "1111"
nomodels "1"
nohimodel "1"
mpentity "multiplayer_only"
gamedll "addons\yapb\dlls\podbot.dll"
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"
//gamedll "dlls\mp.dll"
gamedll_linux "dlls\cs_i386.so"
trainmap "tr_1"
addons/metamod/plugins.ini
Quote:
;;Metamod plugins.ini
;;AMX Mod X 1.60
win32 addons\amxmodx\dlls\amxmodx_mm.dll
wind32 addons\amxmodx\modules\VexdUM_mm.dll
win32 addons\amxmodx\modules\fun_amxx.dll
win32 addons\amxmodx\modules\cstrike_amxx.dll
win32 addons\amxmodx\modules\csx_amxx.dll
;;win32 addons\yapb\dlls\PODBot.dll
I've tried many many combination of commenting out things, adding things, the works. I'm developing a headache and ADD from all of it. Tell me what to do step by step and I'll change it and post what happens.

--Tim¤

Old
  (#5)
Whistler
Summoner

Default Re: Modding player models and teamkilling bots - 06-05-2006

If you use the +localinfo one, then you can't load the podbot.dll as a Metamod plugin. However I think THE_STORM has built a version with latest version of Metamod so you may try that one.

Also it would be nice if you can tell me what the error message is when it's crashing?

Old
  (#6)
visualtim
CS Bot Newbie

Default Re: Modding player models and teamkilling bots - 06-05-2006

Yeah, I've tried the one that The Storm had built, and that still doesn't work.

The error it keeps giving me is the typical "HLDS Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." with the "Send Error Report/Don't Send" option. And this is all after I click "Start Server". There's no specific error message, me thinks. I'll try it all again real soon to see if there really is one and I just missed it somewhere.

In the mean time when I use the +localinfo" one, you say I can't load the podbot.dll as a Metamod plugin. Does that mean I comment it out in the liblist.gam or in the plugins.ini or what should I do?

--Tim¤

Old
  (#7)
Whistler
Summoner

Default Re: Modding player models and teamkilling bots - 07-05-2006

or simpler way:
only put the "-dll ....../metamod.dll" one in HLDS parameter, and write "gamedll addons/yapb/dlls/podbot.dll" in cstrike/addons/metamod/config.ini file (not plugins.ini), then remove the podbot.dll from the plugins.ini file.

but from what you mentioned this doesn't seem to because of Metamod, but an error in YaPB (although it shouldn't really happen because there is very little change from the latest released version). I will have to check it out and see if it crashes here...

Old
  (#8)
visualtim
CS Bot Newbie

Alright, I did exactly what you said. I put the "gamedll addons/yapb/dlls/podbot.dll" in the (freshly made) config.ini in the metamod file and it crashed, again, just like before. Just to make sure, I went back and commented it out in the "config.ini" file and it ran fine, but without any bots .

I hope you can find the issue on your end. I'll be here awaiting your next instructions.

--Tim¤

Old
  (#9)
Whistler
Summoner

well I just tried myself but I have been running a GNU/Linux HLDS server with YaPB (but without Metamod) for about 3 hours without crashing... And if the latest released version doesn't crash, this version shouldn't crash either as there are essentially no changes other than fixing the model mods issue

You can try only putting "-dll addons/yapb/dlls/podbot.dll" in the parameter and see if still crashes. If this doesn't work, try some other bots (like E[POD]bot or PBmm) and see if it still crashes.

EDIT: I have tried the Metamod-p and it's crashing as well, although not after 2 hours, it's after 2 minutes - before crashing the console says something like "EMIT_SOUND error: volume=-235235253". But when I changed to the ordinary Metamod 1.19 it doesn't crash in this way. Not sure if this information is helpful.

Last edited by Whistler; 07-05-2006 at 11:14..

Old
  (#10)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

I just tested 'again' the windows .dll that I have compiled and work perfect with metamod-p 1.19. I added it as normal plugin and work good without crashes.
Btw EPB is compiled with the same hlsdk and metamod headers that I used for YaPB and really there is no problems for YaPB now!