.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

Waypointing questions
Old
  (#1)
chelseafc0512

Default Waypointing questions - 10-01-2011

hi , i have some question
1. there is some routes that when going on it, bots must go through a important waypoint (there is no other way to go on this route without using this waypoint),
for example, a ct important waypoint .the problem here is : will the terrorist use this route ?
will this ct important waypoint affect to the frequenly of using this route of terrorist (in comparison with normal waypoint)
(is this answer correct with terrorist important waypoint for ct forces ? with de_,cs_ ,as_ maps and with podbotmm, epodbot and yapb bots ?)
here is a image for example
is it needed to make a conection between these two normal waypoint to make sure the ts go through this route?
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...bot/needed.jpg
is it needed to make a new normal waypoint that connects to both 2 normal waypoints near this important waypoint ?
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...mbraid0000.jpg

2. about radius
bots will walk everywhere ,as long as it is in the circle of the waypoint's radius,
so i wonder will the bots bump into wall if
if the line connect the center of 2 waypoints is correct ( they can't bump into wall if go exact through this line
but if they go along the line connect between the 2 dots at the edges of the 2 waypoints 's circle radius)
they will bup into wall ,
if we set the radius smaller ,we need some waypoints arround this waypoint to make sure there is no much space
,sothat bots can find waypoint easier,but... it will make the waypoint too close and makes the bots get stuck when
there is 2 bots in the same place ?

is it needed to set the radius of this waypoint to 0 and make some waypoints around this ?
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...mbraid0009.jpg
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...mbraid0003.jpg
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...mbraid0008.jpg

3. if there is a way that enough wide for 2 or 3 bots , we should make only one large radius waypoint at the center of the way
or make many small radius waypoint in the 2 edges near the wall like this ( to make the bots not get stuck when there are many bots
in one place ?
(is this answer correct with with yapb ,podbotmm and epodbot ?)

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...mbraid0004.jpg

Re: hi , i have some question
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: hi , i have some question - 10-01-2011

All answers below are related to podbot mm only (if You want to know the answer for yapb and epodbot - ask their developers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseafc0512 View Post
hi , i have some question
1. there is some routes that when going on it, bots must go through a important waypoint (there is no other way to go on this route without using this waypoint),
for example, a ct important waypoint .the problem here is : will the terrorist use this route ?
will this ct important waypoint affect to the frequenly of using this route of terrorist (in comparison with normal waypoint)
(is this answer correct with terrorist important waypoint for ct forces ? with de_,cs_ ,as_ maps and with podbotmm, epodbot and yapb bots ?)
Well - names "CT specific waypoint" and "T specific waypoint" are confusing for beginer Waypointers. The problem is - the "team specific waypoint" is really an offensive or defensive GOAL waypoint for the team. T specific waypoint is a defensive waypoint for T team (but simultaneously it is an offensive waypoint for CT team). CT specific waypoint is a defensive waypoint for CT team (but - simultaneously - it's an offensive waypoint for T team). Depanding on map type - on cs_xxx maps CTs are more "offensive" - so they are trying to reach more often an offensive waypoint - T team specific, but Ts are trying to behave more defensive - so they are trying to choose more often also T team specific waypoint as a goal. On de_xxx maps Ts are trying to behave more offensive (so they choose more often CTs team specific waypoints) and CTs are trying to behave more defensive (so they are trying to choose more often CT team specific waypoints). As You can see - team specific waypoints aren't forcing the bot to use the route more frequently - because those waypoints aren't any "in the middle" waypoints of the path - they are just additional goal waypoints.

Quote:
2. about radius
bots will walk everywhere ,as long as it is in the circle of the waypoint's radius,
so i wonder will the bots bump into wall if
if the line connect the center of 2 waypoints is correct ( they can't bump into wall if go exact through this line
but if they go along the line connect between the 2 dots at the edges of the 2 waypoints 's circle radius)
they will bup into wall ,
if we set the radius smaller ,we need some waypoints arround this waypoint to make sure there is no much space
,sothat bots can find waypoint easier,but... it will make the waypoint too close and makes the bots get stuck when
there is 2 bots in the same place ?
The bot will bump into the wall in the case the path changes the direction 90 degrees very close to the wall. It takes some time the bot turns the movement direction to the next waypoint direction, so it doesn't change the direction immediately (the bot is most of the time pushing the "forward" button on its mouse). If the WP is "in use" by another bot and the next WP is not "in use" and there is enough space to "bypass" that another bot (with that WP "in use"), the bot is trying to go a bit left / right to omit somehow the WP "in use". That means - sometimes bots aren't following exactly waypoints - to prevent get stuck with other bots. They are trying to make a room each other to let everybody go. The only problem is inside corridors - if there is not enough room to let go 2 bots in opposite directions.

Quote:
3. if there is a way that enough wide for 2 or 3 bots , we should make only one large radius waypoint at the center of the way
or make many small radius waypoint in the 2 edges near the wall like this ( to make the bots not get stuck when there are many bots
in one place ?
In open areas don't put many waypoints. The density of waypoints in those places should be lower. More waypoints is needed only to make sure bots will go more exactly through the particular path.

I know that above doesn't answer to all Your questions, but I believe it helps You better to undertand how the bot uses waypoints - thus - how to make better waypoints by the Waypointer.