.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Enhancement Workshop > (mEAn) Bot.Admin Mod / ServerLoader > (mEAn) ServerLoader > General Forum - ServerLoader
General Forum - ServerLoader Post your questions, comments, solutions and suggestions for the ServerLoader in here

Re: MeanLoader Server Startup
Old
  (#31)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: MeanLoader Server Startup - 02-03-2005

I don't yet know what it will do with either a hung program, or with an error dialog box. I did a test with an infinite loop, but the Windows API call that is supposed to detect a hung program did not think that an infinitely looping program is hung.

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Old
  (#32)
robbob4

Default Re: MeanLoader Server Startup - 02-03-2005

But some programs may do that by accident so it would be better if it did that too...

Old
  (#33)
Drek

Default Re: MeanLoader Server Startup - 15-06-2005

This is a 1.21 question. How often does it do a response check? I just want to have an idea whether its best to leave the response cvar at 1, or perhaps try something like 3 or 10 maybe. I just don't want there to be any chance the server will restart because its loading a map or something of that sort.

And does this version fix the crashing when logging off issue?

Now all you need to completely blow the competition away is some kind of web interface...

Last edited by Drek; 15-06-2005 at 22:54..

Old
  (#34)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

If RestartInterval = 5000 (ms) then a response check will be done once every 5 seconds.

The value of NumOfRespChecks determines how many response checks have to fail in a row for a process to be detected as "dead".

If RestartInterval = 5000 and NumOfRespChecks = 2, then it has to detect no response from the process two times in a row, which will take 10 seconds.

Version 1.21 is working for me in general, but I have not yet seen it detect a hung server. I've tried simulating a hung server using an infinite loop, but as far as the process is concerned, it's humming along just fine. What needs to happen, is the process actually "crashes" by executing a GPF or somehow gets to a point where the API call made to check up on the process no longer gets a response.

Web interface? Hummm, that's a posibility but I won't promise anything until after it's done.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Old
  (#35)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Quote:
And does this problem fix the crashing when logging off issue?
Not yet. I did change a few things to try and resolve the problem, but without any luck.

I may have some fresh ideas to explore.

Do you know of any other server restart program that will get around this issue?

Old
  (#36)
Drek

Ah, sorry, ServerLoader was the first restart program I used that I ran as a service, and hence the first one I ever tried to log off with. I used to use the "donation" version of Serverdoc, but it didn't run as a service, and when I tried FireDaemon a few years ago, it was beyond me at the time.

A web interface would be sweet.

Old
  (#37)
Drek

Quote:
As for advertising, you are right, the server loader could use more exposure. Any ideas?
I've got a link on my website, I've given ServerLoader good press in the second busiest thread I've seen on the Steam forums, and I posted its own thread on that forum. Eventually you'll have so many hits on your website it will crash, and have to be restarted itself...

edit: Wasn't paying attention, sorry for posting twice in a row...

edit again:
Quote:
've given ServerLoader good press in the second busiest thread I've seen on the Steam forums
Ok it isn't the second busiest by a long shot, but it is in the top twenty...

Last edited by Drek; 15-06-2005 at 23:13..

Old
  (#38)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: MeanLoader Server Startup - 16-06-2005

Hey thanks for the thumbs up

Old
  (#39)
skeletorsue

Default Re: MeanLoader Server Startup - 27-06-2005

ook.. i think this was discussed a lot in this.. but was just wondering if anything has been found out.. and that is on my server i always get the reference memory at blah blah and something or another.... something about performing a physical memory dumb... and this stops anything from restarting the server... cuz you have to click ok. i tried making this batch file that automatically restarts it if it crashes... but not if that happens.. just like i just tried the mean server loader.. and it did the same thing.. cuz i have this map.. that EVERYTIME i switch to it.. it gives me this error, and i did this.. got the error.. let it sit for about 2 mins.. and it didn't do anything.. clickd ok.. and server started right back up... sooo yea.. i was just wondering if this could be workd around? or something.

Old
  (#40)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: MeanLoader Server Startup - 27-06-2005

You have to turn off "Visual Notification". There's instructions on how to do this in Step 2 found in the readme1st.txt file.