.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

CT bots leading hostages
Old
  (#1)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default CT bots leading hostages - 25-04-2004

Ok, I don't know if this bug will already be fixed in the upcoming dll - if so, this thread can be deleted right away.
Well, here's the problem: I just spectated a game and saw how a CT bot activated the hostages and led them away. Unfortunately, there was a door that closed behind the bot before the hostages could get through. So now the bot ran to the rescue zone all alone, thinking that he was leading the hostages. So far, that's bad luck, but no bug. But then, he came back into the room, saw the hostages, and the hostages immediately started running towards him, because they were still "activated". However, what did this stupid son-of-a-bot do? He "used" all hostages again and went off, leaving them standing idle in the room... oooh no! :'(
Would it be possible for a bot to determine if a hostage is "activated" or "idle"?
This leads me to another issue: CT bots "stealing" the hostages YOU activated!
It would sure be nice if bots could see if a hostage is already activated, and if so, leave him alone. For if a hostage is activated, it either "belongs" to another player who's taking care of it, or to the bot itself - and in that case he must not "use" the hostage, either.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Re: CT bots leading hostages
Old
  (#2)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: CT bots leading hostages - 25-04-2004

good one......i see this often too.......once the bot gets to his rescue point...he feels relieved of his duty.......therefore.....upon seeing them again......he uses them...........

i also see bots seeing hossies around one of his dead buddies.......and ignores them simply........even tho hes RIGHT next to the rescue zone......