.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > E[POD]bot
E[POD]bot Evil mutants tamed out of POD-bot by The Storm and Markus Heiden Counter-Strike

Crashing and commands not working, help?
Old
  (#1)
visualtim
CS Bot Newbie

Default Crashing and commands not working, help? - 30-01-2006

Hi.

I currently run a Dedicated Server with AMX Mod X (v1.60) and the latest version of MetaMod (1.1. After wanting and reviewing the CS 1.6 bots out there, E[POD]bot seemed the best bet. I have the latest version (5.1 methinks) and the issues are:

-Bots show up when server starts up (and work nearly perfectly), but after the map changes (changelevel) they disappear.
-On the Dedicated Server Command Prompt, if I type in epd addbot then the whole thing crashes.
-any form of addbot doesn't work (pb addbot, pb_addbot, epd_addbot, epd addbot, addbot)

I've checked and the file is right where it's supposed to be:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\(username)\dedicated server\cstrike\EPODbot

My liblist.gam looks like this:
game :"Counter-Strike"
(blah blah blah, we know the rest, version size etc.)
nomodels "1"
nohimodel "1"
mpentity "info_player_start"
gamedll "EPODbot\EPB.dll"
gamedll "dlls\mp.dll"
gamedll_linux "dlls/cs_i386.so"
trainmap "tr_1"

If I type in "meta list" on the server console, it lists E[POD]bot as detected and working.

On the Steam GUI, on the dedicated server Properties, I disabled the "-dll (blah blah, I forget)dlls/metamod.dll" entry on the "Set launch options" under the "General" tab.

Um....that's it I think. I was hoping I wouldn't have to resort to starting a new thread, but mine seemed pretty unique (don't we all feel more unique than others, right?).

Any attention/help would be great.

--Tim¤

Re: Crashing and commands not working, help?
Old
  (#2)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: Crashing and commands not working, help? - 31-01-2006

In EPBv5.1 it is already a know crash bug when you type "epb addbot" in to the DS console. To make it to work just set the min and max bots in to the EPB.cfg file and turn on the "autofill" option. Then run the server again and all will be fine, after map change too.

Old
  (#3)
visualtim
CS Bot Newbie

Well, that explains the crash for "epb addbot".

I checked the EPB.cfg file just like you suggested and the "autofill" option was set to "on". Just to make sure, I put "epb_min_bots 3" and "epb_max_bots 5", set "autofill" to "off" and fired the server up. No bots, okay. Makes sense. Exited server.
So then I put "autofill" back to "on" and fired the server up. Five bots (yay!). To test it, I typed in "changelevel" to a familiar level (like cs_office or de_dust) and... no bots. Nothing. Just like it has always done before.

Between my first post and your reply, I have noticed once that when I started up the server, all the bots stayed with each automatic server side map change until a human player showed up. Then on the next automatic map change, and each one after, there were no bots. Like I said, this happened once.
Another random time, me and my friend were playing on de_dust after the bots disappeared a map before (so this was the thirdish map the server automatically switched to) and on the last round of the game (with a minute left 'till the next map change) all the bots showed up, however their status all read "dead". Before my friend and I could finish the round off, the map changed and again, no bots neither dead nor alive.

This is all really weird, and most definately is not supposed to be happening. Next, I guess I'll slowly dissable each individual amx modx Mod and see if any of those are interfering with it. (which is also a strange case recently, when I type in "meta list" only E[POD]bot and AMX Modx show up and the fun mod and 2 other mods no longer show up when before they would. *shrugs*)

--Tim¤

Old
  (#4)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

I will check too.

Old
  (#5)
visualtim
CS Bot Newbie

Default Re: Crashing and commands not working, help? - 01-02-2006

Oh, new exciting update (well, not "good" exciting, but more info)...

Disabled all AMX_plugins. Still acted up as described above.
Disabled AMX itself. Still acted up.
So it's not AMX or any other plugin (E[POD]bot was the only one left on "meta list".) that's affecting it.

While messing around (alone and botless) on the server after it started up, the bots randomly appear during the game. So I did this:
-Play empty (and botless) server. Suddenly bots would appear.
-Would "changelevel" to cs_office or de_dust, depending on which one I was on already.
-Bots would be gone on new level (like always) but I waited.
-8 minutes (about 8, maybe 7, but closer to 8. No stopwatch on me, just normal clock) later, bots would appear, and a "New Game Commencing" would occur.
-As soon as bots appear, I changelevel
-8 minutes later, they would appear again.

So, for whatever reason, when a human player get's on, the bots don't show up on the new level until 8 minutes later. I tested this many a time just to make sure.

I hope this helps. I checked the EPB.cfg for anything around or adding up to 7 or 8 minutes and changed it to zero, but it still did the same thing. Thank you for checking and stuff.

--Tim¤

Old
  (#6)
markus_heiden
Moderator / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: Crashing and commands not working, help? - 01-02-2006

Thanks for your debugging, we'll fix that soon (hopefully). But in the next days I've got no time. So please be patient until the first days of the next week :-).

Markus