.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

Help!!! Linux cs 1.6 podbot-mm metamod server !!!
Old
  (#1)
Draca

Default Help!!! Linux cs 1.6 podbot-mm metamod server !!! - 19-01-2005

*sigh* i have been working for the past 3 hours on numerous bots etc on this site until i decided i would use podbot mm. I added the linux cs line to the plugin.ini on my ftp and i copy + pasted the podbot folder into the addons folder and the metamod folder, the original is still in my cstrike folder. What does my liblist gam thing have to be? What else do i need!! I typed meta list and it didnt show podbot as a plugin running.... i have amx mod... help? what do i need the gamedll thing in liblist need to be its now as the default cs linux one..

Re: Help!!! Linux cs 1.6 podbot-mm metamod server !!!
Old
  (#2)
Whistler
Summoner

Default Re: Help!!! Linux cs 1.6 podbot-mm metamod server !!! - 19-01-2005

liblist.gam:
gamedll_linux "addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so"

plugins.ini:
linux "addons/podbot/podbot_i386.so"

If still doesn't work, try recompiling Metamod and POD-Bot mm.

PS, linking the .so library with "-static" will make it work with any GNU/Linux systems, without that the .so file will try to load the shared library and if the shared library doesn't exist in a specific GNU/Linux system it won't load.

Old
  (#3)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Help!!! Linux cs 1.6 podbot-mm metamod server !!! - 19-01-2005

http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=2304

http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=2576

:CTFB:

Old
  (#4)
Draca

Default Re: Help!!! Linux cs 1.6 podbot-mm metamod server !!! - 20-01-2005

Dont give me that bull, i have participated in many forums and i think i speak for everyone when i say that giving a link to the "help" section is no longer witty and has gotten old... If you do not wish to help then dont post.

And my metamod is installed correctly, everything was hooked up by my server hosters.. i emailed them about adding the bots for me since it didnt work for me, probably the command line was wrong, but it should show bad plugin on meta list since i added it.

Last edited by Draca; 20-01-2005 at 00:44..

Old
  (#5)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draca
i copy + pasted the podbot folder into the addons folder and the metamod folder, the original is still in my cstrike folder.
What exactly do you mean by that? Did you d/l Podbot mm from here, but put it into cstrike/podbot first? Or did you have an earlier PODbot version on your HD before?

If you don't give some more precise information, nobody will be able to help you.

And if you don't watch your tone, nobody will want to help you.

Besides, leave it to others to judge whether you speak for them or not. Don't claim to speak for a majority that doesn't exist. If it existed, many would have complained like you about being linked to some general help threads. But so far, you belong to a tiny minority, so no "speaking for everybody" here, buddy.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Last edited by >BKA< T Wrecks; 20-01-2005 at 01:04..

Old
  (#6)
Draca

Quote:
Originally Posted by >BKA< T Wrecks
What exactly do you mean by that? Did you d/l Podbot mm from here, but put it into cstrike/podbot first? Or did you have an earlier PODbot version on your HD before?

If you don't give some more precise information, nobody will be able to help you.

And if you don't watch your tone, nobody will want to help you.

Besides, leave it to others to judge whether you speak for them or not. Don't claim to speak for a majority that doesn't exist. If it existed, many would have complained like you about being linked to some general help threads. But so far, you belong to a tiny minority, so no "speaking for everybody" here, buddy.
I believe i downloaded it from the forums yes i know i dled it that day and i copyed and pasted it into my ftp and into my regular cstrike folder.

If he has nothing useful to say other then post a link then i feel that people wont take my inquiry to a point of hatred towards me instead seeing a reply to a post i felt was not helpful...... and i think i can speak for the majority when i say that the posting a link thing isnt as smug as it used to be on forums these days and is now being used by every kid out there who can type /url, it used to be a clever way to tell someone something without actually telling them.

IE:

Instead of saying "you spam"

You could show an example of spam as www.forums.com/forums/userposts/spammer to show all the user's post

Old
  (#7)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

he was just trying to help...
he posted a link to the "READ BEFORE POSTING" thread because you started this thread in the wrong forum..
he posted a link to another thread that someone made with the same problem you had in hopes of helping you..
he tried to keep the forums organized and help you in one post..
I don't see why you take it as an attack.

Old
  (#8)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Dont give me that bull, i have participated in many forums and i think i speak for everyone when i say that giving a link to the "help" section is no longer witty and has gotten old... If you do not wish to help then dont post.
Well, don't look at the date of posts I've linked them for You, but look there when they were "last edited" - buttom of posts. Then You will never think again I'm giving You some "old" info...

Quote:
And my metamod is installed correctly, everything was hooked up by my server hosters.. i emailed them about adding the bots for me since it didnt work for me, probably the command line was wrong, but it should show bad plugin on meta list since i added it.
So - if You did everything OK and You are sure of this - nobody can help You. Just one simple question - if You did install everything correct - what does metamod say You, when You type in console:
meta list

And one link more for You...
http://forums.bots-united.com/showpo...72&postcount=8

The people here asked me to short as much possible my answers, I'm trying to make them happy (but it's impossible make everybody happy)

And if some info in linked topics are not sufficient (or not clear) for You - just tell us what didn't You understand, or what result did You get after making step by step all written in these linked topics.

And in that link "How to install metamod" there is clear described the place podbot folder has to be. Read it again and You will see - regular cstrike folder is'n correct place of it...

Last edited by KWo; 20-01-2005 at 09:43..

Old
  (#9)
Draca

Default Re: Help!!! Linux cs 1.6 podbot-mm metamod server !!! - 21-01-2005

Metamod just said [1] Stats me [2] AMX . nothing else

Old
  (#10)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Help!!! Linux cs 1.6 podbot-mm metamod server !!! - 21-01-2005

OK. Copy and paste Your plugins.ini (this one in metamod directory). Make sure Your podbot directory is placed in ...\cstrike\addons directory.
For linux - the latest *.so file You can find here:
http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=3170
(also some sticky, BTW)

I guess - if You have been reading the doc from filebase, You did everything OK and You know - this *.so file is not only one file You need, but You need also something else (waypoints, configs, some chat files etc...) and You took them from filebase and placed everything in correct place. Maybe make a screenshot of Your Linux Explorer (or something like this) browsing Your podbot directory, save it as a jpg file and post it to show me (I would like to be sure my-self if everything is placed correctly , sorry).