Re: bot pausing
Old
  (#11)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: bot pausing - 05-10-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient
hmmm that demo exaplains alot about lifts; maybe put it in doc files?
Here You have another one. It's really hard to write something about it, that's why there are these demos. The same thing is concerning to buttons. I'll probably upload some demos with cs_iraq and cs_arbstreets. This way You will be able to see how it should be done. I even found some part in Advanced Waypointing section of docs which needs to be rewritten (I disagree).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb mm docs
If you have a door that stays open once it is opened by using a button, you won't need a button flag. The first bot to approch the door will detect that it's closed and push the button. All it takes is a connection setup that will force the bot to pass by near the button before going through the door. Once the door is open, the next bot will know that there is no obstacle, ignore the button and just walk through.
If you had a button flag at such a door, the second bot would push the button again (thus closing the door again) and run into the closing door, so only add button flags at auto-closing doors.
Since the new implementation of button code in V3 that's not the problem anymore if You place the button flag near a button with such kind of door. What will happen? The door is closed. The first bot presses the button and go back to the previous WP and is waiting until the door is open. Then it goes. This guy is so smart and sometimes (randomly) is thinking so - "maybe I close the door if I'm at the other side already - the enemy will need more time to hunt me". So - sometimes - after passing such door - if there is a button flagged WP at the other side of the door - the bot pushes it and goes away. The next bot what - will do - if the door is closed - it will look for the button to open it, then it passes that door. There is no problem the bot stay bumping on the door because presssed unnecessary button (the door was already open for example) - if it bump into the door - it will open it anyway. No problem at all.

Old
  (#12)
person135

Default Re: bot pausing - 05-10-2006

anyway, back to the topic, can someone make the pause waypoint?

@Ancient: what do you mean the important camping waypoints? Do you mean labeling camp wps with team specific waypoints?

The pause waypoint could be for bots to wait behind after team mates rush a place or for them to figure out or not if it is safe to go into a place or stuff like that.

Also, camp waypoints mean that bots can only stay in that one spot and camp at the place the waypoints points to. The pause waypoint could be for an area where the bot kinda patrols that area or walks/runs around in that area. The bot can also not be limited to the place to look at that camp waypoints limit.

Old
  (#13)
Austin

Default Re: bot pausing - 06-10-2006

I do want a pause waypoint!
I think it is definitely necessary.

A walk waypoint is also needed.

But we need to discuss how these should be implemented.
And we are getting, FINALLY! into the realm of true bot personalities.

For example, noobie bots just rush all the time.
Better bots rush to some strategic point in the map and either wait for an enemy or walk as to not alert the enemy they are around.

Playing with POD again is like playing with a bunch of noobies!
Rush all the time.
Throw flash at the start of a round!
and on and on...
It is sort of fun but we can do better!

KWo,
I want to totally rewrite the docs and include absolute everything.
This way we will have all information in one place.
Information on setting up metamod on DS and listen server.
Information on setting up POD on DS and listen server CS and CZ.
All commands well documented with examples.
All waypoint features with all examples and demoes we have.
All information from “sticky” posted messages with now half good and half outdated information.

I will send you a private message on how I should proceed!

Old
  (#14)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin
KWo,
I want to totally rewrite the docs and include absolute everything.
This way we will have all information in one place.
Information on setting up metamod on DS and listen server.
Information on setting up POD on DS and listen server CS and CZ.
All commands well documented with examples.
All waypoint features with all examples and demoes we have.
All information from “sticky” posted messages with now half good and half outdated information.
Remember one thing - if the docs are too long for reading (a lot of info, a lot of examples) - unfortunatelly the people are too lazy to read it. You may do a good job which will be useless. The current look of docs was designed by sPlOrYgOn and it looks much better than old docs for R2B4x. I need You rather focusing on beta testing with bug finding than to re-write the whole docs...

Old
  (#15)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Yea that door thing in the docs was kind of confusing.

I think I was told bots walk when they can here the enemy/ (But thats what I was told, I think)

I do think bots can stop flashing in the begining of rounds like a dumbass who wants all the glory every round.
I have my bots on I think advanced or professional (70 - 90), yes my score blows up into the hundreds within 10 rounds , But I do think in all that the bots can be harder.
The old 2.6 was hard to me with skill 70 - 90, now they are easy. I don't think it's because of my skill or experience but the bots skill.
I don't play with bots for weeks maybe even months, but yet I still go around and rack up points.

When I played 2.6 on cs 1.5, that was difficult, now the new beta seems a bit easier.
Lets say compare pb mm to yapb.

pb mm, easy on skill 70 - 100.
yapb harder on skill 40 - 100.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#16)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Seems the people keep continue spam topics...
Play against podbot mm with skill 100 - then tell me if they are still too easy for You.

Old
  (#17)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

I'm sorry, but I think the bot pausing should be in the selected amount of skill that the bots are on.

Noobies should take longer to get places, and advanced to godlike should be rushing.

I was going to say this in my last post, but I got distracted.

But I wonder if adding pauses into the bots will affect how they use waypoints.
For example, a bot decides to pause and some bots get stuck together.
That's my only concern about this pause idea.

And person135 team important camp points are camp points, with a flag called Team specific, choose a team and a bot on that specified team will only be allowed to use that camp point.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#18)
person135

hm I never thought of bots getting stuck together. What I was thinking was that you have to put pause waypoints around a certain area (like the 4 cornes or a rectangle if you want bots to pause in that area) and have bots just walk around randomly in that area. I wasn't thinking about a bot pausing a just one waypoint and not moving.

it could also work to implement it into the bot personality or skill level or something like that.

Of course you could have bots pause at a waypoint and make that waypoint count as occupied when a bot is on it, so other bots won't be able to go to the waypoint and get stuck. Also, you can have like small areas to pause in, and when a bot is in an area, the area is "occupied" so other bots know.

Old
  (#19)
Austin

Default Re: bot pausing - 08-10-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Remember one thing - if the docs are too long for reading (a lot of info, a lot of examples) - unfortunatelly the people are too lazy to read it. You may do a good job which will be useless. The current look of docs was designed by sPlOrYgOn and it looks much better than old docs for R2B4x. I need You rather focusing on beta testing with bug finding than to re-write the whole docs...
KWo,
your the boss!
Tell me what needs to eb done and I will work on it.

For the docs I guess I will just add the new commands and that is all and send them to you.

For testing I am running a DS 24/7.
I have 3 POD and 1 cz bot for every human. Since cz bots thinks POD is human this gives 3 pod and 4 cz bots for every human. Everything is runnning perfectly. No problems. Is there something specific you want to test?

Old
  (#20)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: bot pausing - 08-10-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin
Everything is runnning perfectly. No problems. Is there something specific you want to test?
I know that's not true... Try to put more bots and You will se - for example they stuck too much with them-selves at round start (which I'm working on right now...).
Don't forget You are a moderator here - so You should be as "the example" for other users - for example don't flood topics by offopic things...

This forum uses private messages, You can also find me sometimes on yahoo/aim/msn/jabber messangers.