.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Re: Golden Dunk
Old
  (#11)
Maleficus

Default Re: Golden Dunk - 05-01-2007

Its hardcoded in the code IIRC. Its prolly just 3 lines of code to add, which is simple enough I could do that tonight if you really need it.

I looked at the map, and I don't think you'll ever get the bots working on it very well because the AI doesn't understand jumppads at all - they worked fairly well on KungFu with its one jumppad, but that jumppad was very simple in comparision. WIth this map, you need to actively twist and turn midair to get the exact angle - its not a straight shot. If they were that simple, the AI would handle it better. You could place a nodes midair to try to steer them, but if they approach it at the wrong angle, everythings messed up.

They also have an issue with all the crates - they only understand 2 at a time, because thats all that was on the stock maps, and most all the custom maps. Baserace and this one are the only exceptions I know of.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#12)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Team_DroppedFlagThink in g_team.c might be the place to start looking for that, but maybe it would be simpler to just add a check for the bots so that if they are already carrying one, they wont try to pick up another dropped one?

Old
  (#13)
Maleficus

I'll take a quick peek tonight. If its easy enough, I'll fix it so they dont go back for more crates.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#14)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Certainly the bots don't understand the jump pads but direct them at the correct angle with an arc of nodes and they are very proficient (if a bit predictable). But if a gold crate falls on a jump pad the game can get rather stuck with bots off-waypoint trying to return it with one team replenishing it with the one they carry. But if the dropped crate disappeared instantly then in-correct jump pad use would be limited to fights and other off-waypoint action (healing...).
I am not suggesting this map is a serious effort. The bots aim too well in a map with too little cover and no way to sneak in. teams of more than 2-3 might be impossible (say a cvop sniper, a rifle grenade engr. and a flamethrower)
Anyway I just thought it would improve crapshoot's ground-breaking baserace if the gold crates disappeared so the bots did not scrum.

And thanks for everything Mal. Your continued presence in the forums is greatly appreciated.

Old
  (#15)
Maleficus

Default Re: Golden Dunk - 06-01-2007

OK, I fixed it where they go for a flag while they have one ( was a needed bug fix ), and I added a new CVar "g_droppedFlagTime". It controls how long a dropped flag/crate/docs/etc will exist in the world. The default is 30 seconds, the minimum is 1 second, and max is 120 seconds.

NOTE: it does range checking, so if you enter some number outside of that range, it defaults to 30 seconds. Also, its not saved to the cfg, so you can set it on a per map basis.

Try it out and see if it works, and that it has what you need. If so, I'll release it as an official patch in a few days.

Cheers!

NOTE: BU doesn't seem to be letting me upload any files.
NOTE2: Filebase is broken too? Can't upload anything anywhere.

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 06-01-2007 at 07:50..

Old
  (#16)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Golden Dunk - 06-01-2007

Send it to me via email and I'll steal Hobbit's bandwidth to host it :p

cool fixes

Old
  (#17)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Cool Re: Golden Dunk - 06-01-2007

Absolutely Wonderful. If you can't post it email it to crapshoot and me (). THX.

Last edited by TomTom; 06-01-2007 at 11:49..

Old
  (#18)
Maleficus

Default Re: Golden Dunk - 07-01-2007

UPDATE: seems uploads have been fixed, so I should be able to upload it tonight when I get home from work.

Cheers!

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 07-01-2007 at 21:58..