.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > E[POD]bot
E[POD]bot Evil mutants tamed out of POD-bot by The Storm and Markus Heiden Counter-Strike

Playing with E[POD]bot v5.1 + v5.2
Old
  (#1)
RR99i

Default Playing with E[POD]bot v5.1 + v5.2 - 08-08-2006

Hi THE_STORM and everyone,

I'm still going to give future releases of YaPB a try. The bots are just too hard for me. Strelomet is trying to make the bots easier for me to play with. But anyway. I have a couple of things to point out.

1. In E[POD]bot's manual.txt, this may confuse newcomers to the program...

Code:
- An alternative way to register your bot is to editing the cstrike/liblist.gam.
  Change the lines beginning with gamedll and gamedll_linux to:
    gamedll "EPODbot\EPB_i686.dll"
    gamedll_linux "EPODbot\EPB_i686.so"
Instead of gamedll "EPODbot\EPB_i686.dll", it should be gamedll "EPODbot\EPB.dll" .

2. Can E[POD]bot installer, install the liblist.gam they way it needs to be. For E[POD]bot to work?

On cs_italy, I LOVE how the bots will jump on the lower roofs of the buildings. In the fruit market area. But I've noticed that both the CT and Terrorist just stay mostly around that area. They don't explore the rest of the map. It may have to do with a waypoint problem.

I'll post more as I play with E[POD]bot. I'm just installing E[POD]bot v5.1 first, then, E[POD]bot v5.2. I noticed the v5.1 is a little bigger, maybe for more waypoints. I'm also using Counter-Strike 1: Anthology. E[POD]bot, POD-Bot_mm, and YaPB are pretty much the only ones that work with CS 1: Anthology.

EDIT: I've been using E[POD]bot for about a week or so. I downloaded it before I had to reformat my PC, because of a beta version firewall. The bots seem to do ok, but do mess up some. Like on as_oilrig. One terrorist will always have trouble with the ladder, by where they start. Also, the VIP never goes to the floor lift on as_oilrig. I can't tell, if like YaPB, they can't use floor lift switch. I hope I helped some little problems with E[POD]bot. I start testing YaPB first. Grown attached to using it and helping. Just wish the bots would be easier for me to play with.

Last edited by RR99i; 08-08-2006 at 10:25..

Re: Playing with E[POD]bot v5.1 + v5.2
Old
  (#2)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: Playing with E[POD]bot v5.1 + v5.2 - 08-08-2006

The installer will put the needed liblist.gam for EPB. The problem on italy maybe is something to do with the important waypoint. On as_origin too is problem with the leader waypoint. I hope you know how to fix them.
For the lift. EPB have not AI code that will learn them how to use lift.

Old
  (#3)
RR99i

Hi THE_STORM! First off, thanks for the quick reply. I'm not very good with waypointing. I don't know what this Auto Waypoint that E[POD]bot and other programs have. I'm not sure if it's the best way to make a waypoint or not. E[POD]bot works pretty well. But when I have 16 bots in a 20 player game. I'll fill server, then all the bots that were in the game, will leave. Then bots will slowly come in to the max 20. I hope I helped, I don't think I did much. I'm hoping strelomet will help make YaPB bots easier for me to play with. I think 2.25 updated the skill.cfg, but they're still hard for me and my brother to play with.

Old
  (#4)
The Storm

Yeah EPB have some problem with the kicking/addons function in this version. Its already fixed on my local sources. In version 5.3 it will be fine.
That autowaypointing just place waypoints and connect them to each other while you walk on the map. Well most of the times the connection are not made correct and you need to edit them manual but at last you have waypointed the whole map just with walking after that the fixing will not take much time because you must only fix the waypoints that are on differend upper or lower level from each other.

Old
  (#5)
smoke

Default Re: Playing with E[POD]bot v5.1 + v5.2 - 01-09-2006

from where we can download WAYPOINTPACKS for E[bots] can anyone tell me that ...

Old
  (#6)
The Storm

Default Re: Playing with E[POD]bot v5.1 + v5.2 - 01-09-2006

Why you think this topic is the right place to ask ? There is sticked topic for waypoints and a whole waypoint forum. Just look around and you will find what you need.