.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

Relive the old days, reintroduce yourself!
Old
  (#1)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Relive the old days, reintroduce yourself! - 27-11-2006

We can't go back in time. Its a shame.

But we can try to 'make' things like the old times.

So, get rid of all HL2 and the Mods, and act like CS 1.6 is the best thing that ever happened to you! ;-)

To be seriously, we should really get together. Perhaps we can finish one of the promised architectures of a United Bot. Some day, one day.

But before we start about that, why don't we reintroduce ourselves? Let me start...

I am the author of RealBot and i have done some other projects. In fact, none of them are even finished. (that includes RealBot). Back then i was studying to become a primary teacher. But that did not work out. Now i program at a company in Java and will be doing my Java Certified Programmer Exam soon (20th december). I will also start a new study in Informatica (phew, finally i got to my senses) which i can finish rather fast (2.5 years instead of 4). But , only if i pass my Java Exam.

In fact, perhaps, i can even finish my new study with a subject / assey about writing Bots... And ofcourse , this time we do it 'right' and get all the goodies in it immidiatly. So that kind of forces me to rewrite a new bot...

So thats what is keeping my busy lately. I have had a chance to register fundynamic.com lately and i have redesigned fundynamic.nl as well. In the end i want Fundynamic.com to be the home of all my projects (well, rather be a digital portfolio, linking...).

Anyway. Now lets hear about YOU!

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Last edited by stefanhendriks; 27-11-2006 at 20:31.. Reason: grammatical error

Re: Relive the old days, reintroduce yourself!
Old
  (#2)
Rick
Council Member

Default Re: Relive the old days, reintroduce yourself! - 27-11-2006

Quote:
So, get rid of all HL2 and the Mods, and act like CS 1.6 is the best thing that ever happened to you! ;-)
Actually, now steam works reasonable on Linux, I'm playing Sven COOP almost daily DoD can also be fun...

Well incase someone cares...I'm Rick Helmus, 21, studying chemistry(currently doing practise at water cleaning/checking facility). I started with bots for ESF(first called 'kibot', later it became the 'official bot'). After I tried Gentoo Linux it got me away from windows and esf aswell . After some time I wanted to start a new programming project, so cubebot was born. After a few versions I made most stuff I wanted to support and started on my current project: Nixstaller.
Nixstaller might take longer to get bored of it; lots of nice ideas for it + less time to implement them now

Unlike Stefan I'm not a 'founder' of BU, just someone who joined from the start(and was active on botmans forum) and got a council afterwards.

Old
  (#3)
TruB
One Eyed Freak

Default Re: Relive the old days, reintroduce yourself! - 28-11-2006

TruB - 23
recently stopped study i started working.. i got work as soon as finished university.. but was only hired for some time since they didnt need me anymore.. so now im freelancing..
what i do is 3d.. for prints and movies.

here are some free time work:
http://trub.deviantart.com
(the character is a wip , looks MORE like this now http://www.unitedwestay.com/trub/WIP_images/BN18.jpg)

i visit here mostly to visit the offtopic.. i got hl2 and i play one hl2 mod. but thats about it.. bots dont really intrest me as far as single player games goes.

edit.
almost forgot.. im playing in a bf2 team. one of the best teams in the world actually. we recently beat the team that was ranked as the best team in the world. until they got beaten by team HOT from US in a big cup. and the split up and created a new clan. which who we beat. for those who dont know the bf2 community, nations cup is on the role.. and more than 20 european countries is playing for the title the best nation. we got 3 players from our roster in ouir nation team.

Have been quoted [6] times

Old
  (#4)
HangFire
Best served chilled

Arrow Re: Relive the old days, reintroduce yourself! - 06-12-2006

20 year old linguistics student.

I don't really do anything around here, since I can't program or waypoint.

Thats about it.

Old
  (#5)
Brainz

Default Re: Relive the old days, reintroduce yourself! - 06-12-2006

I'm Richard, 22 as of last Sunday, a "Born Again" Christian (also as of last Sunday), and a Freelance Sound Engineer. I originally joined to find a bot for a DOD server I was admining, and hung on for the ride afterwards. I've since become interested in JScript programming, but lack of a home internet connection is kind of limiting.

Old
  (#6)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Relive the old days, reintroduce yourself! - 06-12-2006

@Brianz, you could try to install your own webserver and code javascript and cool stuff on 'localhost' (your own computer).

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#7)
Brainz

Default Re: Relive the old days, reintroduce yourself! - 08-12-2006

hmm...
/me googles apache
That's the only one I know of off hand. Any other suggestions? I'll be running it on XP, btw, so none of this fancy linux stuff.

Old
  (#8)
von Ryan
Yeah, right.

Default Re: Relive the old days, reintroduce yourself! - 15-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangFire View Post
I don't really do anything around here, since I can't program or waypoint.
That pretty much sums up my description as well

Well, when I first got here, I was in high school. This was my senior year , and now I'm on my way to study law at a very good university here in Rio, called PUC. Some of the europeans here may have heard of it, as it has a lot of student exchange programs with universities in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, etc.

And that's it.

von Ryan, pwning Combine Dropships since 2005

Old
  (#9)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: Relive the old days, reintroduce yourself! - 15-12-2006

I'm Nikolay Baklicharov - 17 years old from Bulgaria, studying in normal school with all the base stuff.
I joined here in 2004 and I was interesting in programming so I continued E[POD]bot, oh yes when I started to work on E[POD]bot I didn't have any clue what is C/C++. Anyway with the time I started to understand and to make good updates and now when Markus cammed I saw a very interesting coding style. After some time I wanted to make my own bot from the scratch and so I started StormBot. Now this bot is in very early stages, maybe someday I will have the time to continue to work on it. For now the school take most of the my time and when I want to code I just do a little and easy projects or just testing new C++ libraries. And to not forgot, like Rick I became council member too. So for now the things go on slow and quiet...

Old
  (#10)
commonbullet

Default Re: Relive the old days, reintroduce yourself! - 16-12-2006

Hey,
When I first came in this forums (not a long ago), I was so stupid that I posted a link to a csbot nav file in a podbot waypoint thread.
I've hand tuned lots of those nav files; I've coded some plugins for amxx. I also have some few 'skills' in Java , but I'm still very dumb with C/C++ stuff.