.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Strogg Bot for Q4
Old
  (#1)
BR1GAND

Default Strogg Bot for Q4 - 21-11-2007

Now that you work for ID... Would be nice if Q4 was patched with offline support.

Re: Strogg Bot for Q4
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Strogg Bot for Q4 - 22-11-2007

Doubtless you know this is not an Id forum. (Yes I saw their server down thread earlier), and I suspect Id has been chaining Mal to his desk the last couple of weeks to get the next ETQW patch and SDK beta into test for the US holiday weekend.
Anyway weren't you just asking for hackable vehicles a couple of weeks ago? Santa can't deliver a second present to the same boy till everybody else gets to open theirs first. You may just have to wait... (6 billion / rate of unwrapping)

Old
  (#3)
BR1GAND

Default Re: Strogg Bot for Q4 - 26-11-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom View Post
Anyway weren't you just asking for hackable vehicles a couple of weeks ago?
Apples and Oranges my friend... Completely different forum (and game for that matter). Besides that post wasnt directed Mals way at all, it was a mod suggestion.

I always felt that Quakewars success was going to be certain if Id would hire a decent bot programmer and give the game offline support (ie bots to practice against). Quake 4 was a huge disappointment in this area and I always felt it was the developers responsiblity (not the modding community) to make a "complete" game.

Now that Mal is an Id man, I was just putting a bug in his ear (since Quakewars has shipped) about a much needed patch to Q4. I know this is a bit backdoor posting it here, but posting it in the Q4 forums (if there is such a thing) is likely to get the same warm response (very long thread) as it got at the Splash Damage forums for Quakewars bots.

Old
  (#4)
Stixsmaster

Default Re: Strogg Bot for Q4 - 27-11-2007

Did you not notice that this forum also has nothing to do with Q4 at all?

---Stixsmaster

Old
  (#5)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Quote:
Did you not notice that this forum also has nothing to do with Q4 at all?
Yes he does...
Quote:
I know this is a bit backdoor posting it here, but posting it in the Q4 forums (if there is such a thing) is likely to get the same warm response (very long thread) as it got at the Splash Damage forums for Quakewars bots.
Interesting thread there BR1GAND (I have got through maybe 70%). Lots of ET History especially about the SP and MP bot cancellation (though more recent interviews give other reasons for why ET dev was dropped). The other thing I got from it is that you are clearly in the 20% of customers that take up 80% of Cust. Service time. In business I have seen how that 20% often shapes a product (sometimes for the better). I would like to think your whining and persistence got John D. his job at Id adding the bots SD were not focussed on including. Anyway if Nail didn't bring the Molsons get on his case, I understand the new owners are canceling its distribution in the US. Never cared for their beer myself, I like to enjoy the taste of the first glass cause I am against drinking a second.

Old
  (#6)
BR1GAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom View Post
Yes he does...

Interesting thread there BR1GAND (I have got through maybe 70%). Lots of ET History especially about the SP and MP bot cancellation (though more recent interviews give other reasons for why ET dev was dropped). The other thing I got from it is that you are clearly in the 20% of customers that take up 80% of Cust. Service time. In business I have seen how that 20% often shapes a product (sometimes for the better). I would like to think your whining and persistence got John D. his job at Id adding the bots SD were not focussed on including. Anyway if Nail didn't bring the Molsons get on his case, I understand the new owners are canceling its distribution in the US. Never cared for their beer myself, I like to enjoy the taste of the first glass cause I am against drinking a second.
Thanks for that TomTom... (although I've rarely queried customer service post purchase).I was going to meet Mal at Qcon this year and collect the finders fee for his hiring, unfortunately I was too caught up in the tourney's to take the time. (Also missed seeing Nail there too).