.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

Re: So whatever happened to the Nuclearbox?
Old
  (#11)
Minh-Lo-Hwang

Default Re: So whatever happened to the Nuclearbox? - 14-11-2007

Great to hear, that you are here again!

p.s Please, let us read the feature list

Last edited by Minh-Lo-Hwang; 14-11-2007 at 11:37..

Old
  (#12)
Bluesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Floyd (4real) View Post
In between both of my parents got very sick and I was quickly running out of money almost becoming homeless & living from social security. The past 4 years (is it really that long before?) I've been recovering and had lots of good times too when I met my current girlfriend and quit all the game biz stuff. Since then I became a (boring?) software engineer programming e-government software in C# & ASP.net which is more fun than you might believe.
Hello there Markus, damn nice to see you are back in bot territory! Sorry to hear about your parents, and your problems, but I am glad you are recovering!

Quote:
Every now & then I even extended my FPS AI Engine which I'm still working on after these years, just doing this for the fun of it and of course because I believe that a lot of nowadays bots are still as dumb as 1 century ago Just ask me what I implemented so far to fill up a huge feature list, hehe...
I am sure it roxors your boxors

Quote:
Well, so much about me...what are you guys up to nowadays ?
What I read is that:
Johannes (still rowing along in Finland?)
Pierre (creating his own company with his bros?)
Stefan (being a software engineer ?)
William (still being Consultant?)
And I'm still living in Delsbo, Sweden, drinking MUCH coffee, and many beers of course, but not at the same time! And listening to good old bluesmusic! Have studied to be a "optical fiber technician" (damn, haven't a good english translation, and I guess you haven't learn swedish yet? ) and I just quit a job at Ericsson Network Technologies where I worked with optical fiber (or fibre) for fast broadband, so I'm now looking for a new job.

Quote:
PS: Just had quite a funny feeling in my stomach posting this, 1st time sinc e 5 or 6 years ? Damn...I'm still bad at social networking!
Same here, I will dedicate my next cup of coffee to all great people I've met a Nuclearbox! I really miss those days, so it's time for Bots United to change name to Nuclearbox 2 or something Nice to see that some of us getting together here!

"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Old
  (#13)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
I really miss those days, so it's time for Bots United to change name to Nuclearbox 2 or something Nice to see that some of us getting together here!
Here are also some people they got banned by Auxois because of different political opinions, so they probably will not approve changing the name of bots-united into nuclearbox 2 (it's not about me).

Let us know , Markus, what are Your plans - are You going to code some new bot (and You need some sub-forum here for it) or You are not thinking You will have time to develop anything? Another thing - because some stupid guy has reserved Your nick already at this forum, but he seems to be inactive since some time, we can ask BU admin to delete his account and thus You will be able to use Your normal nick without (4real) sufix if You wish so.

BTW - don't You think guys this topic should be moved (with a redirect) to Offtopic forum?

Old
  (#14)
Bluesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Here are also some people they got banned by Auxois because of different political opinions, so they probably will not approve changing the name of bots-united into nuclearbox 2 (it's not about me).
Ok, rename it to Coffee House then!

Quote:
BTW - don't You think guys this topic should be moved (with a redirect) to Offtopic forum?
Yes, agree to that, not much RealBot talk in this thread

"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Old
  (#15)
@$3.1415rin
Council Member, Author of JoeBOT

hi count floyd !

welcome back.

unfortunately I'm not any more in finland, back in germany since middle of september. well, finishing studies and so on.

gotta work, partied to much yesterday, i'll look more often in here and post maybe something more, let's see what comes

Johannes

Old
  (#16)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Yay Count Floyd( I still remember the days playing CS 1.3 and PodBot 2.5 and waited for the never released 3.0 version), nice you are back online, I hope that you will get in touch with the communiti like years ago.

Old
  (#17)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: So whatever happened to the Nuclearbox? - 15-11-2007

Heyyo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
Yay Count Floyd( I still remember the days playing CS 1.3 and PodBot 2.5 and waited for the never released 3.0 version), nice you are back online, I hope that you will get in touch with the communiti like years ago.
Lol, I still remember in CS1.3 how PodBot v2.0 had the proper view panning, not instant-godlike-turns to ya, and PodBot v2.5 had an error in the skill.cfg which was supposed to have a different name but the game didn't treat it that way, so they did the instant-turn to you, and there was a custom skill.cfg that fixed it.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#18)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Good old memories, the problem was that PB 2.0 wasn't able to save hostages and 2.5 wasn't able to plant the bomb correct from time to time.

Old
  (#19)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

2.5 was crashing when someone killed a hostage.
Hey guys - don't You really remember it was the most popular bot anyway (even of all these bugs)?
Beacuse Markus released his sources, we still could get excited by new features of the bot - about 4 clones of podbot were started their lifes.

Old
  (#20)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Quote:
2.5 was crashing when someone killed a hostage.
Hey guys - don't You really remember it was the most popular bot anyway (even of all these bugs)?
Beacuse Markus released his sources, we still could get excited by new features of the bot - about 4 clones of podbot were started their lifes.
True, then PMB released his kickass plugins for PODbot 2.5 which helped it out quite a bit, and there was the other one.. can't remember the name.. but it was pretty darn good too, made the bots much more efficient snipers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
Good old memories, the problem was that PB 2.0 wasn't able to save hostages and 2.5 wasn't able to plant the bomb correct from time to time.
Yeah, true, but like I said, those plugins made it pretty leet.

CF, if you ever make a CSS bot that could destroy the turtle rock studios bot I'd be laughing ti'll the next millenia..

speaking of bots for source, they updated the sdk, did they make third party bot support better too?

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)