.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

3 Questions..maybe more :)
Old
  (#1)
azngeekguy

Default 3 Questions..maybe more :) - 15-08-2005

hey so i got 3 questions if anyone can help me with it thanks

i got the

1. when i play with bots...they kill each other pretty dam good....and then i run to them with my knife out and stand in front of their face...they won't exactly aim at me...their faces jerk around and stuff and randomly shoot me sometimes...if someone needs a demo then tell me i can make one and send it to wherever

2. Statsme....i play LAN with the same steam account in my house with my sis and like when i go to rank and top15 like...my stat and my 2 sis stats are stacked togeter.......such as when i kill my sis and go to rank it will say 1 kill 1 death and then next round if she kills me it will say 2 kill 2 death...is there a way to fix this? or can't cuz im usin the same account of the internet connection is the same and the statme reads ip instead of name? also is there a way to reset the rank whenever i want?

3. amx....i installed the bot package thingy with amx statme and podbot mm on all my comps right and when i play lan....only the host has the amx abilities...i remember a server where though im not an admin i can still do the amx_vote and amx_votekick...like more simple commands not slay or slap or anythin but still some of the commands...how do i enable this for nonhost computer on LAN? and plus wats the command for the lightnin to come down and kill someone =D =D or any other cool moves lol

Re: 3 Questions..maybe more :)
Old
  (#2)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: 3 Questions..maybe more :) - 15-08-2005

first one is probably due to botaim plugin.
disable it in the plugins.ini in your metamod dir

second one.. statsme should have a variable to tell it how to keep track of clients' scores. Change it so it tracks by another method other than by AUTHID

third one.. I think would be better asked at the amx forums.

Old
  (#3)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: 3 Questions..maybe more :) - 15-08-2005

The second one - go to the file stasme.cfg in main statsme directory and find this:

// Rank by AUTHID
// If you play with bots, or on a LAN Server you should *not* enabled Rank by AUTHID
sm_storebyauth 1

and change it to

sm_storebyauth 0

The third one -
There are two possibilities:

1. Some known AMX problem with bots and losing by AMX the access rights to it by admins - it was described a lot of times at this and also at AMX forum. Bots confus AMX and it doesn't recognize correctly players and bots - so admins may lost their access rigths. In code of AMX it's already fixed, but the official version of AMX with this fix isb't yet available. "Later this month" should be available the version of AMX including the fix for it (according to this what officailly DoubleDoom wrote - one of AMX developers).
If You have linux - there is the version AMX 0.9.9b already available (it includes that fix already). You can take it from AMX "General" forum - one of pinned topics.

2. Go to Your users.cfg file in AMX/config directory and find this:

"loopback" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "de"
and use some other method to recognize admins, for example by name, or by IP. Examples:

"123.43.43.53" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "de"
"Your_nick" "your_password" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "a"

Old
  (#4)
azngeekguy

Default Re: 3 Questions..maybe more :) - 16-08-2005

hey thanks you two for the help on the second one..the first one o well i don't wanna get owned by the bots too much so ill leave it at that for now

but the last one..ill try the second method kwo said....but like...after i change the thing to lets say the ip...does that mean all 3 of my computer will have that power or like the host has all of the powers and the host can enable some powers to the other ones...and the method with the nick and pw do i enter multiple nicks and pw for each comp i want or is it one master nick and pw and every other computer can like enter in the nick and pw in console to enable the power

but anywho thanks alot for the help on the second one im a statwhore lol

Old
  (#5)
azngeekguy

aiite i got the 3rd part set up too now i think...all comp has admin powers and there seems to be no trouble...for now ^!^ but thanks again

Old
  (#6)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by azngeekguy
but the last one..ill try the second method kwo said....but like...after i change the thing to lets say the ip...does that mean all 3 of my computer will have that power or like the host has all of the powers and the host can enable some powers to the other ones...
No - You need the host to start the game, but it's AMX from the host giving the access rights to other 3 computers You have (he needs to read their IP from the file users.ini). It means You need write all 3 lines with IP addresses in that file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azngeekguy
and the method with the nick and pw do i enter multiple nicks and pw for each comp i want or is it one master nick and pw and every other computer can like enter in the nick and pw in console to enable the power
Normally You need to write all nicks and their pws, but yes - if You plan to play from each computer - this one You will enter from Your nick and the password - AMX will give to it the access rights. You can't join to the server from 3 computers with 3 the same nicks (I guess).

Old
  (#7)
azngeekguy

Default Re: 3 Questions..maybe more :) - 17-08-2005

umm....lol i didn't really get that maybe im not relaly payin attention but i got everythin workin the way i want it so im pretty happy already thanks for the help though