.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Re: Game crash.
Old
  (#11)
SaveSheep

Default Re: Game crash. - 08-12-2005

i just downloaded steam two or so days ago, so its the newest version of cs 1.5 (not source). It's for a windows listen server only for me to join to play against bots.

Old
  (#12)
von Ryan
Yeah, right.

Well, don't forget to invert the bar at the end of the dll address:
Code:
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls/metamod.dll"

von Ryan, pwning Combine Dropships since 2005

Old
  (#13)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by $eu_crey$$on
Well, don't forget to invert the bar at the end of the dll address:
Code:
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls/metamod.dll"
I have that line for windows so:
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"
and it works normally 8o

How about podbot mm version? Look at least at the date creation of podbot_.mm.dll. Make sure You installed everything (not just only dll). The fullpack with everything You need to get podbot mm working (with config files, waypoints etc) is here.

Old
  (#14)
SaveSheep

Default Re: Game crash. - 10-12-2005

I reinstalled it all, plus added that line to the launch commands, and it still doesn't work. I click on new Game, then I set my options and click Start Game. It sits there at the main screen for a moment, then just closes cstrike.

Old
  (#15)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Check the date of metamod's creation (date creation of the file metamod.dll). Make sure You are trying to use the latest one. If it's 2005.08.23 or 2005.08.29 - it's OK. Make sure Your CS works correctly without metamod. To check this - replace that line in launch options:
-dll "\addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"
by
-dll "dlls\mp.dll"
and try to startup the game. If it doesn't want to work - it menas it's not metamod problem, but Your CS instalation.
NOTE:
If You are using non-steam CS1.6 or non-steam CZERO - we don't support them.

[EDIT]
Are You sure You are playing CS1.5 on Steam? No-one here tryied old CS1.5 with STeam - so it may not work with latest metamod correctly. I know this - the latest metamod doesn't work correctly with old HL CS1.5 (it works only on dedicated server, but doesn't on listen server), but I don't know if it works with CS1.5 based on Steam. For sure - it works with Steam CS1.6 and Steam CZERO.
[/EDIT]

Last edited by KWo; 10-12-2005 at 09:51..

Old
  (#16)
SaveSheep

Now lets make sure i'm getting this right. CS 1.6 is Source, right? I've never played source or condition zero, don't really have an urge to. I just play the original, the one i've always played. I'm assuming its 1.5. I installed steam, then doubleclicked on Counter-Strike for it to download and install. And that's where i'm at now. Is there a way to find out what version it is?

Old
  (#17)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

CS1.6 isn't CS:Source. It's a newer version of CS 1.5, but with some addons/bugfixes and it works only on Steam platform. To make sure what the version You have - join the CT team and look if from the buy weapons menu You can buy (if You have sufficient money) a rifle as "Famas" (or Clarion) , or - when You join T team - You can buy a rifle as "Galil". If there are such rifles - it means You have CS1.6 installed. If not - You may have old CS1.5 but installed on Steam platform. CT team may choose "Tactical Shield" instead primary weapon (from equipement menu). This will also mean You have CS1.6.

Last edited by KWo; 10-12-2005 at 21:34..

Old
  (#18)
SaveSheep

Default Re: Game crash. - 13-12-2005

Well, I couldn't find Famas or Galil, but I was able to buy a Tactical Shield. Does that mean that its 1.6? I mean, I'm almost certain that I have the newest version of Counter-Strike. I assumed 1.6 was source, now that you say its not, I don't know what I'm doing. Haha. But, I read over the other kids post of 'CS 1.6 Crashes *Help Appreciated*. I took out the line to add to the launch properties, changed liblist.gam to point to dlls\mp.dll, and put a semicolon in front of the podbot dll in the plugins.ini, and I was successfully able to open up Counter-Strike and start a LAN game. So, all in all, we know that it is podbot acting up somewhere. I'll continue posting in the other topic as it seems we're both having the same problem.

btw, if its easier for you, my aim sn is SaveSheep.

thanks a lot man

Old
  (#19)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

you cannot find FAMAS or Galil because CS1.6 has also renamed it after beta ended. They are now called Clarion and Defender respectively.

Old
  (#20)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveSheep
I took out the line to add to the launch properties, changed liblist.gam to point to dlls\mp.dll, and put a semicolon in front of the podbot dll in the plugins.ini, and I was successfully able to open up Counter-Strike and start a LAN game. So, all in all, we know that it is podbot acting up somewhere.
No - in this moment we can't be sure this yet. You need to make one test more - leave still that semicolon at th ebegining of the line calling podbot_mm.dll in plugins.ini
;win32 addons/podbot/podbot_mm.dll
but enable metamod in Your liblist.gam - change the line:
gamedll "dlls\mp.dll"
to
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"

and try to start Your CS again. This way we will know if Your CS likes metamod or not.