.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Bots don_t push buttons inside lifts etc.
Old
  (#1)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Bots don_t push buttons inside lifts etc. - 31-10-2004

I'm trying to write a decent documentation on how to waypoint lifts. It's difficult as shit because every lift is different. There really IS no rule. I have no idea how to write any serious documentation about this. There are no rules that lead to success if you follow them - you can only waypoint lift by lift, each according to its very special system.

The lift in cs_siege, for example, is impossible to waypoint. I can get bots to call the lift, wait for it to appear, step inside... but then there's no button inside they could push!
I can't get them to call the lift, stay outside till it's there, push the button again and quickly rush into the lift. I tried to make them push the button from inside the lift right through the wall (it's possible for human players), but they don't.

as_highrise is a different case altogether, and so is cs_fifthave_final.
I need them to push a button inside the lift in cs_fifthave, but they ignore button flags inside lifts. If they don't ignore the entire waypoint near the button and just rush to the waypoint with the lift flag (overriding all connection setups), they walk to the button waypoint and start jumping up and down, although there is neither a connection up or down nor a lift flag. (They do the same when there is a connection and/or a lift flag, btw). The only thing they don't do is obey the damn button flag! >

Can that be fixed? I NEED bots capable of pushing buttons inside a lift, otherwise no lift will ever work with bots.

But even if the code works as required, some lifts will be unwaypointable, and in general, it will be next to impossible to summarize some rules.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Last edited by >BKA< T Wrecks; 31-10-2004 at 15:18..