.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Developer's Farm > General Bot Coding
General Bot Coding See what a pain it is to get those little mechs shooting around

idea
Old
  (#1)
gonzo

Default idea - 29-01-2004

Every bot (i d played) was like a human who played on a public server (run from one base to the other and so on)
I would like it if there is a bot who plays like he is in a real clan war e.g.:

-the terrors only move in one or maybe two groups
-this groups should run straight to a bombspot (random decision or when they won many rounds @ one spot they repeat to this spot)
-they should can rush or sneak to the spot (again a random decision)
-ct´s shouldnt run to the terrors
-they should hold some positions (they should have some defined position and they should decide randomly or defend harder on that bombspot where the terrors won many rounds but there should be always at least one bot at every spot)
-when the terrors break through, all bots should hardly try to get to the bomb (in the best case in a group)
-if a human player gives command (e.g. follow me) the bots should follow of course if there are more human players in one team who give commands the bots should hear on that one who has the best score

this bot would be a good bot for some clans maybe when they dont have a second sqad to train some tactics and some people ( like me ) who are not in a clan and have no good internet connections and who want to train some tactics too the main idea of counter strike: the tactical element would be a bigger part - the most bots play it like a deathmatch

thats my idea i have no clue about coding bots (i can only set some waypoints for podbot - yeahhhh) thats why
tell me what you think about that all you great bot coder here
sry for my english (i am just a stupid german pupil who plays cs)
greets gonzo

Re: idea
Old
  (#2)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: idea - 29-01-2004

This is exactly what we are aiming at... especially this is exactly how I want RACC to play. I want my bot to be a teamplay bot, not a "team deathmatch" bot, quake-3 style. Sticking to the bomb spots and protecting them, here's the goal I want my bots to have in mind. Randomly running around shooting at stuff should never happen. And believe me, there WON'T be "random choices" at all. Do you make choices at random when you play in a clan ?

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Re: idea
Old
  (#3)
gonzo

Default Re: idea - 30-01-2004

oh ok thats fine (it seems to be quite difficult to make the bots act like this)
the random choice is only that you cant foresee the bots tactic
i hope there will be such a AI soon
the bots which you create here (all at bots united) are really good and better than the AI of some retailgames the real gamecoder should start and make this things do think condition zero will have an AI like this ? i think no because of the trouble while the development