.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Re: Saberpeak_final Waypoints
Old
  (#11)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Saberpeak_final Waypoints - 28-07-2009

Yes thanks nedd3h, there are difficulties with repairing the boat when very near the old boathouse dock. The bots must approach the boat from behind to mount it for repair or mounting the gun (so the water pathing is broken up into sections that can only be entered from points well behind the boat). But the boat at that dock backs-up over top of its old path when leaving the dock, so navigation nodes are almost on top of each other. I just reworked the nodes and connection to deal with 2 problem spline points so for now it is getting repaired OK. As to priority I don't know that I can do much. I have to provide other actions for all bots in case the boat is damaged. Addings actions along the boat path would mean a lot of useless bots in the water and I like that the boat has to be mounted unlike the boat in venice. This may just be a waypoint that needs humans on each side to help.
To your second point I limited the bot sight to give the Allied bots a chance to get the boat to the boulder entrance. I think bot sight distance can stand a little increase (25%), but I don't want it impossible for the Allies to move the boat. Testing it now, you may get spattered if you fire on them first.
OK I put the last 2 days on improvements and even found a couple of wrong or missing connections. Lots more navigation nodes added, plus smoke and a few other actions and improvements on the mg nests. I'll continue testing tonight and post the WIP later.

Old
  (#12)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Saberpeak_final Waypoints - 28-07-2009

Ok 0.90 is posted and after balance and play testing I'm calling it beta. Boat priority still lower than might be liked but the allies get the boat to the resort well enough even when I'm raining artillery on them. Lots and lots of changes including mine plants finally. (Link should be good until october 2009)

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Old
  (#13)
nedd3h

Default Re: Saberpeak_final Waypoints - 02-08-2009

Well done!

This plays great now

A couple of things I noticed after one full round.
1. As Allied, when I got to spawn at the bunker where the CP is there where 3 covies and none of them destroyed the CP. I watched this for several spawns. I destroyed the CP and then watched for several more spawns and no engies built it.
2. As Axis, in the bunker area again, in the first phase, I was on the middle MG and wasn't touched untill the boat was nearly at the point where it destroys the main door. If I wanted to I could have exploited this. (the MG on the right was destroyed though)

One thing to note is when I played as Axis, the Allied did end up buliding the CP.

I've now added this map to my server rotation!