.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

Re: pb menu doesn't work
Old
  (#41)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 18-05-2007

To get the full access to all AMX X comands You also may need to use setinfo _pw "your_password" (and the password is defined in users.ini)...
It's really hard to help Youi if You are getting any feedback after 2 months of my reply...
On the dedicated server You can also have the same location of steam folder like on Your local PC (it can be installed in c:/steam)...

As I told You - I haven't tested the setinf stuff with exec.cfg called from config.cfg, but it was tested with autoexec.cfg (placed on client's PC in the main cstrike folder).

You can try this way - to make sure Your exec.cfg is called in the right moment - You can try this way:

1. I believe the server is running and You have restared CS on it to make sure podbot.cfg (with Your settings about the password and passwordkey) is reloaded (it happens only at CS start on the server - once - it's not relaoded on every map chnage or so).
2. You are starting CS on Your client's PC to join Your server.
3. When You have joined Your server from Your client's PC - invoke the console of client's PC and call Your exec.cfg (I mean - just write in server's console : exec.cfg - if it cannot be found (wrong location - it will tell You it cannot be called).
4. If the exec.cfg has been sucessfully executed (normally no info about that it's impossible to execute Your cfg means it has been executed) just write in the console this magic line (without rcon):
pb menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Another thing "pb menu" is a client console command, so You don't have to call it as a rcon command (rcon pb menu is not valid). You need to use just:
pb menu
(without underscore line - there is just one space). I have no more ideas what You might have wrong there. It should work.

Old
  (#42)
Dannyboy007

Default 04-06-2007

I am just wondering on a thing. My podbot menu appears, and all the command works, except for two. Number one and number two doesn't work, which is the "Quick Add Bot" and the "Add specific bot". I press them, however nothing happens. The other commands work, like "Kill all bot" for instance. Any idea why?

I like your avatar btw KWo

Old
  (#43)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 04-06-2007

There are possible few reasons when manually adding bots does not affect the number of bots You have on Your server.
1. Once You reach pb_maxbots by humans+bots on Your server the bot cannot be added.
2. You are using pb_bot_quota_match 1 parameter - which calculates by it-self the number of bots on the server according to the humans number You have there.

Old
  (#44)
Dannyboy007

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 05-06-2007

It looked into Podbot.cfg, and the settings seem fine.

Code:
pb_minbots 0
pb_maxbots 16

pb_bot_quota_match 0
I tried adding a bot when the server was completely empty, only I was there. However it didn't work this time either. Maybe I should reinstall it? I'm using AMX Mod on a listen server, pluss some plug-ins, and podbot.

Edit: Forgot to mention something. I couldn't get the podbot menu up, and found this plug-in called The Ultimate POD-Bot Menu. After I activated it the menu appeared. Just wanted to mention it...

Edit2: I can choose "Fill server" and all bots appear. That works. Strange.

Last edited by Dannyboy007; 05-06-2007 at 23:41.. Reason: Forgot to mention something.

Old
  (#45)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 06-06-2007

On dedicated server on of those commands should work:
pb add
rcon pb add
I just don't remember if for adding bots You need (or You don't) to use rcon.
Try both method. Don't forget to use before that second one this:
rcon_password your_password

Old
  (#46)
Dannyboy007

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 06-06-2007

Yeah, you have to write rcon pb add. I managed to solve the problem. I found out that AMX Mod was not in development longer, however AMX Mod X was. So I tried amxx and installed Pod-Bot there, included your AMX Pod-Bot Menu, and now it works So I've certainly just installed podbot on a wrong way or something. If I remember right, I tried the command "rcon pb add" when I had AMX Mod (not amxx), and it didn't work.

Old
  (#47)
dazdingo

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 06-07-2007

Heres the solution: Use the all_in_one installer.

I hate installing extra stuff like Chickenmod so I just downloaded the podbot folder itself and extracted it, everytime I would do pb menu it would say pb is an unknown cvar. So the only other thing I could try was trying the full installer.

Old
  (#48)
LucasH

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 19-07-2007

I followed your instructions here and now my pb menu works now with "=" bind but that's it, no other command works like pb wbmenu. Only the pb menu works The server is a non steam install and metamod is at version 1.9. In the hlsw console the commands do work. (meanwhile problem solved ) The problem was the rcon and rcon password (i had to use rcon_password and rcon pb wp stats teleport to show me the stats of the current map - all the commands must be used with rcon in front of them except pb menu command -).

After the command rcon pb wpmenu the console dispayed:
You must be the host of a listen server to use this command
So, i cannot create waypoints unless i create the server on my computer and install podbot?
I must mention that the server is on a linux dedicated box and i cannot play from it.

Thank you for your answers in advanced.

Old
  (#49)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 20-07-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasH View Post
I followed your instructions here and now my pb menu works now with "=" bind but that's it, no other command works like pb wbmenu. Only the pb menu works The server is a non steam install and metamod is at version 1.9. In the hlsw console the commands do work. (meanwhile problem solved )
First off there is no command pb wbemnu. It's pb wpmenu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasH View Post
After the command rcon pb wpmenu the console dispayed:
You must be the host of a listen server to use this command
So, i cannot create waypoints unless i create the server on my computer and install podbot?
Exactly - waypointing is only allowed on the listenserver - for the host.

Old
  (#50)
LucasH

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 20-07-2007

My bad for wbmenu istead of wpmenu. Thank you for your answer.