.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

Re: HELP: How to install mm and podbot mm
Old
  (#131)
Musophil

Default Re: HELP: How to install mm and podbot mm - 12-02-2012

Hi everyone o/

Recently the organisation that ran the CS 1.6 Gungame server I've been playing on for the past few years, FunXP, have decided to call it a day, leaving a number of gungamers without a home.

6 of us have decided to team together to start a new dedicated server with as close as possible to the same version of the game running, and to cut a long story short, somehow I have acquired the task of setting it up on a linux server.

I say "somehow" because I have almost zero knowledge of linux (having once set up an FTP server 5 or 6 years ago) and having never set up a dedicated CS server before.

Now, with the documentation and threads I've found on various websites and forums, I've struggled through and have managed to install Steam, CS, Metamod, AMX MOD X, the Gungame plugin and the multi-jump plugin, but I can't seem to get the podbot plugin to work.

I've read this whole thread (and the other help sticky on this forum) and tried all the possible "fixes" suggested in both, but still the plugin doesn't seem to be being called by metamod (i think).

Typing "meta list" into the console I get...

Code:
] meta list
Currently running plugins:
 [  1] AMX Mod X, v1.8.1.3746, Aug 16 2008, by AMX Mod X Dev Team, see http://www.amxmodx.org
 [  2] Fun, v1.8.1.3746, Aug 16 2008, by AMX Mod X Dev Team, see http://www.amxmodx.org
 [  3] FakeMeta, v1.8.1.3746, Aug 16 2008, by AMX Mod X Dev Team, see http://www.amxmodx.org
 [  4] CStrike, v1.8.1.3746, Aug 16 2008, by AMX Mod X Dev Team, see http://www.amxmodx.org
 [  5] CSX, v1.8.1.3746, Aug 16 2008, by AMX Mod X Dev Team, see http://www.amxmodx.org/
 [  6] Ham Sandwich, v1.8.1.3746, Aug 16 2008, by AMX Mod X Dev Team, see http://www.amxmodx.org
 [  7] Engine, v1.8.1.3746, Aug 16 2008, by AMX Mod X Dev Team, see http://www.amxmodx.org
7 plugins
Unknown command meta
...so I presume that means that the plugin isn't being loaded at all.

I noticed someone else on this forum had managed to load it manually from the console using a "meta load" command, so I tried that, but it tells me I have only 2 "meta" commands... "version" and "list"... so I guess that person has either a different version of metamod or at least extra functionality that I don't have active on mine.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me. I'm so out of my depth, but I don't want to disappoint the public.

Old
  (#132)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

From Your meta list command I can see Your metamod is not even trying to load podbot mm, so metamod's plugins.ini is not even calling it. Go back to the second post of this topic and read again how to point metamod to load podbot_mm_i386.so. Don't forget to install first the fullpack of podbot mm, then update only binaries to the latest version (called "beta", but it really should be called as "build").

Old
  (#133)
Musophil

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
From Your meta list command I can see Your metamod is not even trying to load podbot mm, so metamod's plugins.ini is not even calling it. Go back to the second post of this topic and read again how to point metamod to load podbot_mm_i386.so. Don't forget to install first the fullpack of podbot mm, then update only binaries to the latest version (called "beta", but it really should be called as "build").
Hi, and thanks for your help!

I had already done everything in post 2, but I have now double-checked and triple-checked it, and I can't see anything wrong.

I hadn't yet updated the binaries to the "beta" though, so I'll try that and let you know if it works.

----------------

Edit: ok, binaries updated, server restarted, but still no podbot in the meta list.

-----

Edit 2: some screenshots as proof I've really done what you said...

My /addons/metamod/plugins.ini file:

---

On the left, the different packages I've downloaded and installed. On the right, directory listings of the following folders:

/cstrike/
/cstrike/addons/
/cstrike/addons/metamod/
/cstrike/addons/metamod/dlls/

---

My /cstrike/liblist.gam file: (I notice the line has the "^M" missing... is this important?)

---

And a directory listing of /cstrike/addons/podbot/

-------------------

The server is running using the "Screen" command, and to restart it I've been using the following method...

ps -al
kill -9 [process# of each running process in turn]

The CSDS then restarts on its own.

Is this the correct way of doing this, or will it be using cached files instead of the new ones, or something?

Last edited by Musophil; 12-02-2012 at 18:36..

Old
  (#134)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: HELP: How to install mm and podbot mm - 13-02-2012

What is the file plugins.inf for (in addons\metamod folder)? Can You remove it or rename to plugins.old? I don't know what is the "Screen" command. My knowledge about the linux hlds is really limited. Another thing - I cannot see there steam installed on Your server. This is the command line I'm starting the linux hlds on my test virtual machine:
./hlds_run -game cstrike +maxplayers 32 +map de_aztec

Old
  (#135)
Musophil

Default Re: HELP: How to install mm and podbot mm - 13-02-2012

Quote:
What is the file plugins.inf for (in addons\metamod folder)? Can You remove it or rename to plugins.old? I don't know what is the "Screen" command. My knowledge about the linux hlds is really limited. Another thing - I cannot see there steam installed on Your server. This is the command line I'm starting the linux hlds on my test virtual machine:
./hlds_run -game cstrike +maxplayers 32 +map de_aztec
Plugins.inf was created when I was tryin to type "vi plugins.ini" too quickly on one occasion and didn't notice until after I'd saved it.
At your request I have now removed it.

The "Screen" command allows me to execute commands on the remote server without needing to keep my Putty SSH window open. It essentially runs the command in a virtual window that the user can't see, allowing me to close my Putty window and shut down my home PC, or alternatively to continue typing commands in my Putty window, without disturbing the CSDS while it is running.

How I'm using it:

Code:
screen -A -m -d -S hlds ./hlds_run -game cstrike -autoupdate +maxplayers 20 +map de_dust2
So, it's running the "./hlds_run -game cstrike -autoupdate +maxplayers 20 +map de_dust2" command within the virtual "screen".

I found it on this page...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-t...ux-35607.shtml

Last edited by Musophil; 13-02-2012 at 16:38..

Old
  (#136)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: HELP: How to install mm and podbot mm - 14-02-2012

Try to open both files simultaneously - liblist.gam and plugins.ini and copy that "^M" (without quotes) form liblist gam and put them at the end of each of lines of plugins.ini. Then save the file plugins.ini and restart the server. If that doesn't help - stop the server, rename "addons" folder to "addons_old", download All-In-One package and unzip all the crap into the main cstrike folder. Let overwrite all files. Then start the server. After that it has to load podbot mm, but first try with that "^M" thing (I down't know what is the editor You are using to edit *.txt files).

Old
  (#137)
Musophil

Default Re: HELP: How to install mm and podbot mm - 14-02-2012

OK it's working. I used the "all-in-one" method in the end.

I think the "^M" is simply a carriage return, although I don't know why it appears on some lines and not others. My attempts to copy and paste it failed repeatedly.

OK, so podbot is working, but all my settings have reset so presumably I now just need to systematically copy back the config files from the addons_old folder and I should be sorted! (fingers crossed)

Thank you so much for all your help! Very much appreciated!

One thing, though, now none of my ingame onscreen stats displays are working... (Just the regular default stats, non-SQL)

They are being called but apparently with the wrong variable names. Onscreen during gameplay I get "ML_NOTFOUND" for everything that used to display... like wherever a username would have been displayed in situations like "Player_1 has stolen a level from Player_2" it now says "ML_NOTFOUND has stolen a level from".

They all worked fine before I installed the All-In-One package.

I realise this isn't part of Podbot, but do you happen to know what has happened and what I need to do to make it work correctly again?

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by Musophil; 14-02-2012 at 21:56..

Old
  (#138)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: HELP: How to install mm and podbot mm - 15-02-2012

Welll - ML_NOTFOUND means that You need to copy also some *.txt files from addons_old\amxmodx\data\lang to amxmodx\addons\data\lang.

You can try to do also something else. Stop the server. Rename the new "addons" folder (comming from All-In-One package) to "addons_new" and restore the old "addons_old" folder (rename it back to "addons"), then just copy plugins.ini from metamod folder (from "addons_new") to the current (old) addons\metamod folder. Start the server. If the problem was just with plugins.ini file, that should help and You shouldn't need to put to much work with restoring back everything.

Old
  (#139)
Musophil

Default Re: HELP: How to install mm and podbot mm - 15-02-2012

Quote:
Welll - ML_NOTFOUND means that You need to copy also some *.txt files from addons_old\amxmodx\data\lang to amxmodx\addons\data\lang.

You can try to do also something else. Stop the server. Rename the new "addons" folder (comming from All-In-One package) to "addons_new" and restore the old "addons_old" folder (rename it back to "addons"), then just copy plugins.ini from metamod folder (from "addons_new") to the current (old) addons\metamod folder. Start the server. If the problem was just with plugins.ini file, that should help and You shouldn't need to put to much work with restoring back everything.
Ah ok! Cool, I'll give it a try!

Thanks again!