.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Re: idea's bug's
Old
  (#21)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: idea's bug's - 14-06-2004

well You can barely tell the diff between start and end camp points.. but who needs to know?? the end ones look a little transparent..

now the incoming connections are too light..
I think maybe we should get a different color or maybe forget about the 8% of the population in the world with my little color blindness...

Old
  (#22)
Huntkillaz

Default Re: idea's bug's - 14-06-2004

try any colour that hasn't been used yet..but just make sure in can be easily seen b4 running through nodes as one runs through the map

●_•

Old
  (#23)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: idea's bug's - 16-06-2004

well I think red is completely invisible when viewed from 10 or more units away
I'm thinking of adding a little bit of white to the current red stuff such as Terrorist Important, Jump, and Experience.
I think I'm going to choose a light or dark blue for incoming.. anyone disagree? It might confuse new people when they see the waypoint radius and the incoming connection...

I've fixed a bug that would cause a crash if you had experience files and turn waypoints on and walked to Node #0 without changing any waypoints..

Old
  (#24)
Huntkillaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlOrYgOn
well I think red is completely invisible when viewed from 10 or more units away
I'm thinking of adding a little bit of white to the current red stuff such as Terrorist Important, Jump, and Experience.
I think I'm going to choose a light or dark blue for incoming.. anyone disagree? It might confuse new people when they see the waypoint radius and the incoming connection...

I've fixed a bug that would cause a crash if you had experience files and turn waypoints on and walked to Node #0 without changing any waypoints..
yeah umm i think terrorist red should be left alone it's seems fine.
and blue's not good for newbs especially the radius being blue to....unless u gonna change the radius to some other colour

does black work on maps??? if so u could try greyish colours??

●_•

Old
  (#25)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Hey, you guys change colours faster than a chameleon!
But I think that grey or black would be bad choices... in any dark corner, black would be invisible. And bearing in mind that on many (most?) maps, greyish tones are predominant (concrete and stuff), I wouldn't take grey, either.

To something different: As I mentioned, the pointing help is really great, and so is the fixed waypoint check! I was about to teleport to the corresponding waypoint a minute ago while fixing a map, but then I noticed that I already was at the correct point - fantastic!

The only downside is that after a mapchange with WP on both my CS 1.5 and CS 1.6 crash. Let's say I have finished waypointing a map and afterwards I'd like to switch to a second one to remove some errors I found. I have waypoint editing mode on all the time while I'm on map A, save my stuff when I'm finished, leave waypointing mode on and switch to map B. Map B loads, shows up on screen (waypoints, too, being displayed), and when I start moving around, CS crashes (1.5). On 1.6, the crash can even occur before the map shows on my screen.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#26)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Default Re: idea's bug's - 20-06-2004

They can now climb those 2 ladders in de_train without modifying the waypoints to be higher..
and I changed the button code a little so they don't stay all day pushing the buttons..
http://www.mapzap.org/podbot/podbotBETA.zip

Old
  (#27)
Huntkillaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntkillaz
*bump*
but i was thinkin if we could make a beam fire out of our gun we could see more clearly which wp where hitting..... (ie we could see how farr off we are from the wp)

u know whAt the code for the old 'find' command can be useful here instead of the connection being between us and the wp it could be changed to jump between wp's ( firing a single beam) so it moves between wp's as our cross hair moves past em sorta thing
hey splor u reckon this is possible to do?

●_•

Old
  (#28)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

first thing I'm not so sure...
The aiming system seems off sometimes and sometimes right on the dot..
not quite sure what the 2nd paragraph means.. but it sounds like you want to make paths into jump waypoints by firing.. I don't think this is a good idea.. If it is incredibly hard for people to make the jump don't make the bots jump cuz they'll end up trying over and over again...

I've added a little blue thing (sort of like the button flag and nohostage flag) above the fat waypoint so you can tell if you're hitting a far away waypoint easier..

and now if you're near a camp waypoint and you set a camp start it'll change the camp start to your viewing direction..

and heres the dll for you guys to test out
http://www.mapzap.org/podbot/WaypointDLL.zip

Old
  (#29)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

- That "beam firing out of the gun" idea: I agree with sPlOrYgOn - we already have a crosshair to show where we're aiming at, and besides sometimes you have to aim pretty far away from a WP to "activate" it. The fact that WPs get bigger is an enormous help in this respect, as you can now wave your crosshair over the area around a WP, and as soon as you see it's getting bigger, you can find the "hot spot" easily. It's a great change and absolutely sufficient IMHO.

- Whatever you wanted to express with the 2nd paragraph, biohazerd: If you really wanted to enable waypointers to make jump connecctions by pointing & hitting a key, I'll be on sPlO's side, too. Even some jumps you can make as a player using the current method will be impossible for bots. But then again, I'm not sure if that's what you wanted to say...

- The new DLL (not the waypoint one, but the one with changed ladder & button code): ! I just d/l'ed it and will conduct some tests today. Thanks sPlO!

EDIT

tested the dll. Too bad, no change for the better. On cs_ark, bots still tried to push the button on the other side of the wall. And if they ran into the blocked door and then tried to reach the button on their side of the wall, they ran directly towards it and got stuck in the door frame forever.
On cs_bbicotka, bots still kept pushing imaginary buttons although all doors are untriggered.
And on cs_sperrgebiet, there's a padlocked door that swings open as soon as the padlock is shot to pieces. It can't be closed any more once it's open. Still, a CT bot stood right on the threshold of the already opened door and tried to push a button. He didn't move from the spot and caused another bot which ran into him to get stuck as well. The only remedy was "new round".
Ok, shit happens. You can't be lucky all the time, I reckon. Whatever you tried, this wasn't it. But thank you for caring about this problem. If you want screenies and/or more precise descriptions, just say so and I'll see what I can do.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Last edited by >BKA< T Wrecks; 20-06-2004 at 16:49..

Old
  (#30)
Huntkillaz

Default Re: idea's bug's - 21-06-2004

that blue cross hair thing is awesome, 10x better than fat wp's

the camps beams are okays at least now one can go upto a camp and see what a pro wp's directions are and which way round it was

at the ladder apmd fix...perfect it connects to the perfect distance

@new button code...i agree with t wrecks

i was playing cs_hive_apc it too has a padlocked door but when i use to play with 2.5 they would shoot the lock and open the door so easily....now the 2.6mm bots just stand there pressing the use key...??? untill somone comes and kills em

●_•