.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > HPB_bot
HPB_bot The trusty good ole mechs by botman HLDMTFCOpposing ForceDMCFront Line Force

Re: HPBBot/Bot#10/ZWC Bot: final fixes NED HELP!
Old
  (#11)
MIFUNE

Big Grin Re: HPBBot/Bot#10/ZWC Bot: final fixes NED HELP! - 08-02-2017

I see that it is included into the game_shared folder, does it need special dependencies or it will compile if it is directly added into the hl project?, for hl project I mean the modīs project, not the one of the ISOHL.

(Letīs give some life to this forum!!)

Old
  (#12)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: HPBBot/Bot#10/ZWC Bot: final fixes NED HELP! - 10-02-2017

Go test it out.

Old
  (#13)
tschumann

Default Re: HPBBot/Bot#10/ZWC Bot: final fixes NED HELP! - 11-02-2017

Let us know how you go - I'm interested in taking a look at the new bot code but haven't had a chance to.

Old
  (#14)
MIFUNE

Big Grin Re: HPBBot/Bot#10/ZWC Bot: final fixes NED HELP! - 13-02-2017

Hi!!, of course I tried!!

But, even if I made it to insert all the code (un modified), I realized that I must do a lot of changes to many of the essential features of the Bot.

I did start with the combat part, and find myself in serious trouble trying to declare things, and even doing this, the bot did not move at all, I did look for waypointing method but the only thing I finally did is place info_nodes, then the Bot started to move but not in a better way than the previous code from the Bot#10.

The bot also didnīt try to combat, and here I tried to make the bot do this through iRelationship method, attacking a certain class by string (monster_whatever, etc.) etc, etc; with this part the MOd crashes very often because (I think) I did something bad with pointers or stuff like that (Iīm no coder at all).

What I did finally is use the old version of the ZWC Bot. I did some major modifications and now it works better, but not perfect. At least it tries to navigate a bit for the map , and finally choose weapons almost right...

I will do further tests and try other modifications.

This weekend I will make a video with the new version of the Zion Dockīs map, there you will se how the ZWC Bot will behave. Anyway, I will also post the combat code and the navigation code here for you can help me to improve it if you wish

Old
  (#15)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: HPBBot/Bot#10/ZWC Bot: final fixes NED HELP! - 13-02-2017

If your coding skills are really as low as you say I strongly suggest to improve them before continuing with your AI adventure. Coding AI for games is not picnic and if you have issues with pointers you are really on the wrong way to go.

Also posting large pieces of code here and expecting someone to try to find the issue only by looking in the code is not good option. You should begin using some kind of version control system like Git and provide all the code in compilable state, so in case that someone wants to help you he will be able to run the code using debugger and find issues much more easy.

Old
  (#16)
MIFUNE

Embarrassed Re: HPBBot/Bot#10/ZWC Bot: final fixes NED HELP! - 14-02-2017

Yes, youīre right, I must learn more C++. It is one of the things that ashame me the most.

Anyway, I did not mean to post the whole block of code, but the link to GitHub.

Actually the real problem is that the Bot does not turn around if it hits a wall, I know itīs easy to code, but I am stuck with it. I ony want the bot walk straight until it is near a wall, then turn a certain number of degrees and walk again, nothing complex, more or less like a vacuum cleaner bot.

What I can do (I hope you agree ) is to provide ALL the mod in its beta stage along with its Source Code to anyone who really wants to help.

There are three people who has the Mod now, thanks to them I did finish the new features of the Mod, itīs the bot what is causing me more trouble. I will be pleased if someone SERIOUSLY wants to take a look.

Tags
aiming, bot#10, hpbbot, shootinf