.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

A familiar bug returns
Old
  (#1)
the bindlestiff

Default A familiar bug returns - 15-04-2006

Tonight, after playing Fritz ET for several hours on vlvttv's server with the f0x, I suddenly became aware that I had become invisible to the bots -- totally ignored. At the same time, perhaps coincidentally, perhaps not, I noticed that the window that lists my team members, their HP, and map coordinates, had disappeared. The effect lasted for a couple of maps before we called it a night and disconnected.

This is very similar to what we encountered with RTCW a few months ago when we were trying to run a small server for ourselves. Mal fixed it by disabling private clients. Could this be the same problem??

Re: A familiar bug returns
Old
  (#2)
Maleficus

Default Re: A familiar bug returns - 15-04-2006

Just checked thru both the RTCW and ET code for the fix, and may have found the problem. The fix is a two part fix (code that needs adjusted in 2 diff places), in the ET version, I forgot to add the second part of the fix.

So, if vlvttv has it set on his server, it would eventually start to get used.

I've fixed the bug now, it will be in the next patch.

In the meantime, everyone will have to set "sv_privateClients" to 0, and "sv_privatePassword" to nothing.

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 15-04-2006 at 18:47..

Old
  (#3)
the bindlestiff

Hi Mal,
It only happened to me, not the f0x, and occurred near the end of a campaign and carried over to the beginning of the next one. I have sv_privateClients set to zero in my server config BUT I didn't exec it last night because I figured that the vlvttch's server would overwrite everything anyway. Should it be in my autoexec.cfg instead?

"Why your the only one who ever sees this kind of stuff...... "
Maybe it's because I know you have nothing to keep you busy and I don't want you to get bored?

Actually, when I look at my stats at the end of a map round, my usual kill-to-death ratio is on the order of 0.3-0.5 (not enough battle sense!). When it suddenly jumped up to 10, I got a little suspicious. On the next map I verified that I was "invisible" once again. The only time I was killed was from stepping on a mine.

Thanks for jumpng right on this! We all want Fritz to be "practically perfect in every way" -- Mary Poppins (1964)

Old
  (#4)
Maleficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bindlestiff
Maybe it's because I know you have nothing to keep you busy and I don't want you to get bored?

LOL!

I'd make sure yours is turned off, but vlttch will have to make sure its turned off on his end too until the next patch fixes the issue totally.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#5)
vlvttch

Default Re: A familiar bug returns - 16-04-2006

Actually my server cfg is already set to that. So there's nothing to change. I have noticed this problem before. It could be the problem lies elsewhere.

Old
  (#6)
Maleficus

Hmm, then its possible theres something else going on. But, to be sure, I'll still have the fix in the patch. It was a problem in RTCW, so it should be fixed in ET just to be safe.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#7)
the bindlestiff

Tonight, playing with Crapshoot and the f0x, I became invisible partway through one map. It quit when I changed teams on the following map. And I had sv_privateClients set to zero in my autoexec.cfg (and privatePassword set to "").

Old
  (#8)
Maleficus

The "fix" for this bug wasn't totally added to ET, so the patch should fix this issue.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#9)
the bindlestiff

So, do you mean that despite having privateClients set to zero, the problem will still occur until the next patch? It's OK, I can use a big score once in awhile!

A very minor complaint on another subject. While playing el_kef tonight as an engineer, I was in the process of arming dynamite at the enemy's command post when the covert op from my team came up next to me, dropped a satchel charge and blew it up as I stood there. Very rude!!

And why do medics drop health packs as they leave the spawn area? Everyone is at full health at that point, so it seems unnecessary. Of course, I get fooled and go for them instead of the ammo packs that the LTs have dropped.

Old
  (#10)
Maleficus

Default Re: A familiar bug returns - 18-04-2006

Medics drop health if someone on their team has a high combat awareness level. With high combat awareness, your MAX HEALTH goes up, but NOT your spawn health.

So you may spawn with only 100 HP, but your MAX is now 125. Hit that health pack, and you have a 25 HP advantage over your enemy.

That the bots are intelligent enough to realize that is a Good Thing(tm).

Next time - you'll know to get out of that busy coverts way!

Dum Spiro Spero