.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Enhancement Workshop > (mEAn) Bot.Admin Mod / ServerLoader > (mEAn) Bot.Admin Mod Help
(mEAn) Bot.Admin Mod Help Need Help? Ask questions in here

Configuration
Old
  (#1)
robbob4

Default Configuration - 27-01-2005

As you know from earlier, I am trying to set up my server with Realbots & AMXX & Wc3FT & mean bot.admin mod. Currently I have gotten everything to load except HLGuard (which has some bug with Bot.Admin Mod as ive found out -- worked b4 addint bot.admin mod).

I want the mod to do this...

0 Humans - 2 Bots (1 T & 1 CT)
1 Human (Can join either team) - 2 Bots (1 T & 1 CT)
2 Humans - 0 Bots
3 Humans - 0 Bots
... [Humans Leaving]
2 Humans - 0 Bots
1 Human (Can join either team) - 2 Bots (1 T & 1 CT)
0 Humans - 2 Bots (1 T & 1 CT)

But I cant get it to successfuly create a bot, instead it does this continously... (pic includes my settings) -- can you tell me when you fix the mod or is it my settings and how do I configure them properly (command to add realbot is realbot add <team> <skill>) [Comments are just my notes]

Re: Configuration
Old
  (#2)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: Configuration - 27-01-2005

I'll have to look into the HLGuard thing later.

What I have to do first is download RB and see if there's been any change affecting the bot admin mod. What version of RB are you using?

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Old
  (#3)
robbob4

Default Re: Configuration - 28-01-2005

WP10 -- the only problem si that botadmin is setting the skill at 0 and not anything else. So I dont think RB allows them to be created.

FYI atm bot.admin config is as follows:
m_autobalancebots on 2 2
m_botmode botswhenxplayers 1
m_botskill 70
m_kickdupbots on
m_podfixprotect on
m_enforceclanteam off
m_autokickafk on 300
m_autobalanceteams off
m_boteffectswhenhit on
m_botsmakesparkswhenhit on
m_botlogfix on
m_BotEnhance on
m_sounds all enabled
m_sounds all on
m_enforcebotteam off
m_enforcehumanteam off
m_switchbotteam any

I'll try m_botskill 7 and see what happens... or I can try setting RB's default skill level... hold on

*EDIT* OK the erver works perfectly but for RB to load correctly you must have it in the command line AND metamod plugins.ini! The command had no effect previously so it kept trying.

Last edited by robbob4; 28-01-2005 at 02:07..

Old
  (#4)
robbob4

Ok well MEAN is working great and everoyne is liking my serve rother than a lil long DL time but theres a bug with mean loader and my wc3FT... mean thinks you are TKing when somone moles whether you defend yourself or if they kill you...

Old
  (#5)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbob4
*EDIT* OK the erver works perfectly but for RB to load correctly you must have it in the command line AND metamod plugins.ini! The command had no effect previously so it kept trying.
Actually, you can only load RB in the plugins.ini, but you do need to tell mean what bot you are using from the command line. I think you are doing this, just that what you said was not fully correct. I'd like to see your command line if you don't mind posting it.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Old
  (#6)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbob4
Ok well MEAN is working great and everoyne is liking my serve rother than a lil long DL time but theres a bug with mean loader and my wc3FT... mean thinks you are TKing when somone moles whether you defend yourself or if they kill you...
Can you explain what the bug is? I don't know what wc3FT means.

You can turn off or adjust the TK detection. Look for the "m_tk" commands in the manual. The detection simply looks for the same team members shooting at each other, it does not try to decide if the TK ws intentional or not.

If you post the ip, I may drop in for a few rounds.

Old
  (#7)
robbob4

Default Re: Configuration - 29-01-2005

CommandLine = -game cstrike -console -noipx +maxplayers 12 +localinfo mgamedll addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.dll +localinfo mbotmod realbot_mm +map cs_italy

Ok moleing in Wc3FT is when you use this rare ability form a certain race or you but the item for $16k. What it does is next round, if theres a spawn point available, It will put the person that bought the item previously and place them in the opposing team with the skin of the opposing team if that makes sense. IE: 1. Buy item/skill send you 2. You spawn in the enemy team with their skin 3. You kill them or they kill you yet most bots dont understand it but with mean they will attempt to tk in responce to being attacked yet mean understand molers as tkers. lol

I did use that command and I havnt tried moleing yet...

Also when I have the whenxplayers command set to 4 and autobalance set to 2 3 it kicks and adds a bot every time it checks just fyi.

-- Just click my sig

Last edited by robbob4; 29-01-2005 at 00:16..

Old
  (#8)
robbob4

Default Re: Configuration - 29-01-2005

Ok is this a bug or is it just my config? Bots are added, not switched when they are spectators (no idea how they get to spec) and upon the round change, I have like 12 bots running and then it checks agian and drops 10 of em, my server cant handle tons of bots so what am I doing wrong?

config:
m_autobalancebots on 2 2
m_botmode botswhenxplayers 6
m_botskill 70
m_kickdupbots on
m_podfixprotect on
m_enforceclanteam off
m_autokickafk on 150
m_autobalanceteams off
m_boteffectswhenhit on
m_botsmakesparkswhenhit on
m_botlogfix on
m_BotEnhance on
m_sounds all enabled
m_sounds all on
m_enforcebotteam off
m_enforcehumanteam off
m_switchbotteam any
m_tkban 0
m_tkbotban off
m_tkhumanban off
m_tkhumanpunish off
m_tkbotpunish off
m_banawp on
m_botdamage 0.1
realbot max 2
realbot internet 0
realbot skill 7

Old
  (#9)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: Configuration - 30-01-2005

OK, I tested realbot again. The last time I tested it, it was WIP #9, so I downloaded and installed the latest dll which may be WIP #10 (I'm not certain of the version however - can you tell me how to get WIP #10?).

My test of RB "latest dll" did not work well for me, perhaps my configuration is incorrect or something, but the bots just did not do much of anything and the server lagged. I'll have to try a full reinstall.

In any case, the bots were being added and removed correctly, so I do not have the same problem you are experiencing.

I suggest that you try the following:

In server.cfg add these lines if not already there

// reload server.cfg on each map change
mapchangecfgfile "server.cfg"

// make sure team counts have no limits
mp_limitteams 0

// turn off team auto balancing, let mean do it for you
mp_autoteambalance 0

Be sure that you are not adding RB bots through another config file, such as "bot.cfg" found under the realbot folder.

I'd also make some changes to your config settings:

// leave this off until you have things working
m_kickdupbots off
// not needed, turn off (should turn off on its own)
m_podfixprotect off
// leave this off unless there's a reason to turn it on
m_botlogfix off

// make sure RB is NOT adding bots!
// These commands probably don't work for a server
//realbot max 2
//realbot internet 0

// set RB to highest skill setting if mEAn is set to manage
// the bot skills

// I don't think this command will work for a server
// "realbot skill 7"

// This command should work "0" is for maximum skill
rb_skill 0

Old
  (#10)
robbob4

Default Re: Configuration - 30-01-2005

Yes, stephan's "very lastest dll" (build 3054) is WIP 10. What I did was dled the AI 1.0 .zip and installed it (DONT RUN installcs16.exe or something like that) and then replace the dll with the realbot_mm.dll that is build 3054 and install it metamod's plugins.ini.

I changed those settings as well and i'll see if bots goto spec agian (I think its because of my PTB auto team switcher)

Is there a setting of instead of creating new bots when they are spec, to switch them when they are spec or to just kick the spec bots and add new ones?

Also, inorder for server to stop lagging and for 2x better framerate, I installed Booster2 if you cant find where to dl it I can send you mine somehow.

Last edited by robbob4; 30-01-2005 at 05:47..