.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Closed Thread

Re: POD-bot back into shape.
Old
  (#481)
Austin

Default Re: POD-bot back into shape. - 13-04-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMan
Thanks PMB
I dl'ed the BU dev kit and tried changing paths and copying .h files but it didn't work, so thanks a million for making this PB dev kit
MusicMan
MM I:
1) Downloaded the BU-hl-bot-build-example.tar.bz2 from the filebase
2) I used this utility to unzip all files and folders structure to my c:\ drive
http://utility.downloadatoz.com/zipzag/

I renamed the base directory to:
C:\HLDev

3) I modified the /I directives in the podbot_mm.dsp file to point to the correct locations and the bot built fine.

Here is the include line. You can edit the podbot_mm.dsp file directly if you are careful.
# ADD CPP /nologo /G5 /MT /W3 /WX /GX /O2 /I "\HLDev\metamod\metamod" /I "\HLDev\hlsdk-2.3\singleplayer\dlls" /I "\HLDev\hlsdk-2.3\singleplayer\common" /I "\HLDev\hlsdk-2.3\singleplayer\engine" /I "\HLDev\hlsdk-2.3\singleplayer\pm_shared" /I /D "NDEBUG" /D "WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /Fr /c

Bots-United:
You don't say what version of metamod is included in
BU-hl-bot-build-example.tar.bz2
It would be helpful to know. I am assuming 1.17?????

Thanks!

>edit<
The bug fix was for the bug sPlOrYgOn found with the comamnds.

I don't know why it would be 20K bigger. It is a release build.

Last edited by Austin; 13-04-2004 at 21:19..

Old
  (#482)
SoUlFaThEr

thanks for the updated menus Austin what makes the version you made 20 kb bigger???

what command thing did you fix? did i miss something?

also i was making my sf_columns2.remaking sf_columns......as an AS_ and an ES map as one......both teams with a mission like csde or so.....

im playing the map with PMB's last update......and 2 times in a row a few rounds into the match i get a HL crash reading this message:

sz_getspace: overflow without FSB_ALLOWOVERFLOW set on server reliable datagram

what in the world is that? anything to do with my double missions not being compatible or what is this?

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 13-04-2004 at 21:17..

Old
  (#483)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

I can perhaps help to locate this one.

This message means that the bot tried to send too much of "special" network messages to your client. Special network messages are messages that are not handled in the standard "pack" that makes up the HL network protocol. These special messages can be player chat, or temporary entities which are displayed server-side (not client-side temporary entities like smoke puffs or gunshot decals). An example of these are the beams that are displayed in the waypoint editor. Each beam is a temporary entity with a lifetime of 1 second, and the bot re-creates them every second. Your computer crashed because the bot tried to send too much of them to your client in the same frame.

If you were running with the waypoints enabled, try not displaying the waypoints next time. If it still fails, try disabling bot chat.

Such crashes can also happen randomly if the program writes at incorrect memory offsets. This happens for example when the programmer attempts to write beyond the limit of an array. There is one thing I can think of that I have changed in the bot source code, that might cause that: I've changed the team number identifiers (they were 0 for T and 1 for CT) to 1 for T and 2 for CT, so as for the bots to use the same numbers when selecting their team in the menu. It's not a big deal, but I thought this was cleaner. I ensured that everytime these team numbers were used to index an array, I was substracting 1 in order to get them back into the 0-1 range, but maybe I've missed one out. It can be true for the radio chat times array, for example. Check it out, coders

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#484)
SoUlFaThEr

i seem to get it when someone escapes......a terrorist or the vip.......then crash......

i have botchat already disabled so i could see the stat things from AMX, and i didnt have the waypoint editor on........hmmm

thanks for the info though PM

heres another HOST_ERROR im getting while trying to load de_outrage which has yet no waypoint:

PF_precache_model_l: "sprites/top_right3.spr" overflow

its only giving me this message on de_outrage......the sprite is part of the HUD display im think.......its not used in the map itself

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 13-04-2004 at 22:24..

Old
  (#485)
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
I can perhaps help to locate this one.
There is one thing I can think of that I have changed in the bot source code, that might cause that: I've changed the team number identifiers (they were 0 for T and 1 for CT) to 1 for T and 2 for CT, so as for the bots to use the same numbers when selecting their team in the menu.
PM, you broke the first rule of code optimization,.....
DON"T!!!
Muaahahahah!

Thanks for the lead I will take a look...

Old
  (#486)
MusicMan

does this .dll work any better?

edit: updated .dll again.

edit2: If this works, I wouldn't know why. *slaps head* get some sleep MusicMan!

Last edited by MusicMan; 13-04-2004 at 23:41..

Old
  (#487)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: POD-bot back into shape. - 14-04-2004

I would like to take over but I'm not too experience in C++ or hl coding so it'll take a long time before i can get used to this stuff and all.
I also cannot make linux builds because my linux has glibc2.3 and it gives a bad load when trying to load a plugin i compile.
Hopefully I can get used to the code and navigate it faster to fix bugs when someone finds a bug.

Old
  (#488)
SoUlFaThEr

musicman what did you do to this dll before i install it??????

this is going to get crazy i can see that now......everyone is going to do something to this bot.....separately......and it will eventually be ruined.

get yourselves organized on whos gonna do WHAT.

PMB made tons of changes......and the dll had the same file size almost that entire time. ive seen 2 new dll's from different people today......one was bigger by 20 kb and the other was over 100 smaller......what are you guys putting in/taking out? im really afraid to touch anything

PIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE!!!!!!!!! hehe

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 14-04-2004 at 01:41..

Old
  (#489)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

yea when i compile without editing the source at all i get a 256kB dll... while PMB's is like 244kB...
PMB's gotta tell us how he optimized the compiler and all
[edit]
this is probably when a bots-united cvs repository would come in handy...
and I only plan on supporting who ever takes full control over the bot.
[/edit]

Last edited by sPlOrYgOn; 14-04-2004 at 02:10..

Old
  (#490)
SoUlFaThEr

NEXT SERIOUS PROBLEM TO SOLVE

stop the bots from hitting buttons because of automatically placed buttong use flags.

let us control them hitting what buttons with a flag we can place.
that automatic button flag ruins a map like de_747. thats the most frustrating shit i ever waypointed(besides cs_bikini and its illusionaries)
half the terrorist fall out of the plane because of a button. strangley theres no waypoint around that has a use_button flag on it. so its something else and they should stop that.

also stop auto connecting through a model...like we did with the illusionaries.

Closed Thread