.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Closed Thread

Re: POD-bot back into shape.
Old
  (#281)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: POD-bot back into shape. - 29-03-2004

yea but is there any way to stop them from spinning around like they've gone insane?
It looks really funny when they move really fast and look like they got a whole bunch of extra body parts sticking out in a circle.
[edit] thanks for the happy birthday.. sorry i missed yours [/edit]
[edit2] btw i'm trying to learn more C++ so i can help with this..
but theres no guarantee that I can learn that fast since I'm lazy 9_9 [/edit2]

Last edited by sPlOrYgOn; 29-03-2004 at 04:05..

Old
  (#282)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

I don't understand what you mean... can I have a demo of that bug ?

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#283)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

the demo is already up in my other post.

Old
  (#284)
Austin

PM, while you are at it, how about fixing this bug.
When the bots take damage it doesn't slow them down like it does humans.

SF, how can I get you WPs for pod2.5MM?
I want to start testing the bot soon.
Let me know and I can put a zip of them on my web site.

Last edited by Austin; 29-03-2004 at 20:12..

Old
  (#285)
SoUlFaThEr

yeah.......im in Aztec and watching bots throw nades straight UPwards in some corner of the map where its not possible for any danger to be tho PMB.......or i see them throwing the nade in exactly the opposite direction from where the danger presently is.......

VERY IMPORTANT EDIT HERE :::::

i put the bots in 1.6
they work fine and i can waypoint now there(in 1.6) too BUT:

1) the autopath setradius function does not work there......and now that its missing (in 1.6)...i know what its worth is!!!!!!
2) the node does not display(upper left) when standing on a waypoint so you have to open console to find out it's number......which sucks, by adding so many more clicks to waypointing(other than that damn must-use-mouse-to-exit-the-console shit.
3) something must be done to wp teleport function. i use this a lot.....and when i do.......im sunk into the ground(it was like that with 1.5 SOMEtimes) everytime i do it. so it makes it useless......help on that one!!!

this map de_airstrip has also a bad layout.........all t's can reach bomb A and plant the bomb before a CT can get there(i ran as fast as i could and got there no less than a second AFTER the bomb got planted......not good
i did these waypoints tho.......

i am finished with these standard waypoints so far for this 2.6mm bot:
CS 1.5 :
as_oilrig
as_tundra
cs_assault
cs_havana
cs_backalley
cs_747
cs_estate
cs_italy
cs_militia
cs_siege(this sucks horribly, and nothing i can do about it...)
de_aztec
de_cbble
de_chateau
de_dust
de_dust2
de_inferno
de_survivor

CS 1.6
de_airstrip

and the day is not over yet........

that cs_siege waypoint: the bots NEVER stay up.....the CT's go down to the elevator which of course......makes it take allmost the whole round until all of them successfully get up the elevator......no good map to play with this bot on.......the danger factor has nothing to do with this......its like this from the start after fixing a WP with no pxp. i played for 3 hours on that map with no change in result......once in a while one of them would go straight out.....

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 30-03-2004 at 00:21..

Old
  (#286)
Austin

Default Re: POD-bot back into shape. - 30-03-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
I did notice they don't see through glass. I'm investigating the problem. I believe the engine PVS stuff is incriminated.
PM, I think this may have to do with Func_Illusionary.

I have noiticed they will not shoot at you when you are crouched behind a railing which is a Func_Illusionary (i think).
For example in assault upc crouch down behind the railing while a t. when they come into the building, evne if they see you they will just look up at you not shooting at you.
Is glass also a Func_Illusionary type? Perhaps ther are more entity types that have certain "view" behavious the bo thas trouble with?

Old
  (#287)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

well the only map i tested the glass thing was cs_seige..
the glass is NOT breakable and maybe podbot just checks if the object breaks into glass pieces..
the func_illusionary they can see through it.. in cs_assault the fence in the front.. they can see me.
aren't railings just func_wall with 255 fx amount or something like that?

@SoulFather the thing about them going down in cs_siege..
if you point across the bridge and do the radio command "Storm the Front!" they will not go down.
[edit] while on CT of course.. because almost always 1 of the CT bots will say "Follow me!" and lead everyone down to the elevator where they keep pushing the button and only once in a while, a CT will be on the elevator while its about to go up. [/edit]

Last edited by sPlOrYgOn; 30-03-2004 at 02:25..

Old
  (#288)
[+Duracell-]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlOrYgOn
well the only map i tested the glass thing was cs_seige..
the glass is NOT breakable and maybe podbot just checks if the object breaks into glass pieces..
the func_illusionary they can see through it.. in cs_assault the fence in the front.. they can see me.
aren't railings just func_wall with 255 fx rendering or something like that?

@SoulFather the thing about them going down in cs_siege..
if you point across the bridge and do the radio command "Storm the Front!" they will not go down.
[edit] while on CT of course.. because almost always 1 of the CT bots will say "Follow me!" and lead everyone down to the elevator where they keep pushing the button and only once in a while, a CT will be on the elevator while its about to go up. [/edit]
"Storm the Front!" makes the bots rush in the general direction you are pointing, which is why they go across the bridge when you point that way.

Railings are normal walls, I believe, that are thin (maybe 4 units at most). The textures have a transparent color which is not shown ingame (blue in Hammer).

Glass is different...it's either func_breakable or func_illusionary I think...I'm not too sure...haven't messed around with mapping a lot.

Old
  (#289)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

i know what storm the front does... thats why i said that..
and railings are not normal walls you need to make them a func_sumthing then set the fx amount to 255 or 0 i can't remember to make the blue transparent and glass is func_breakable if it is breakable.. and they set it's fx_render amount to to some number between 255-0 to make the glass foggy/clear.
i messed with mapping for about a month.
[edit]
attached one of my incredible(cheap) maps
[/edit]
Attached Files
File Type: zip map.zip (18.7 KB, 243 views)

Last edited by sPlOrYgOn; 30-03-2004 at 02:31..

Old
  (#290)
SoUlFaThEr

fyi : (i "messed" with mapping for 4 years now)

most glass items are a func_breakable.....some are func_illusionary......some are func_wall......all depends on the mapper........the GOOD mappers make alpha texture brushes a func_illusionary(so you can shoot through it) and cover it with a "clip brush" to block player movement thru it. AUSTIN, shoot at that railing......if you see your shots ON it.....its a func_wall....and a bot wont see through it. if its placing bullet hole decals on it i mean. if its not doiing that.....then some retard made the whole thing a func_breakable with an unreal amount of health or the bot cant "see" through the CLIP BRUSH(we had this clip brush conversation once....). I dont think a func_breakable is shot by a bot unless he is prepared to go through it.....like grates and most glass.....he wont shoot it unless hes intending to go through it. i may be wrong here......test it on cs_office.....just stand behind the glass and see if he shoots you! its the only thing i can think of......

that glass in cs_siege is 100% a func_wall if its not breakable. in which case a bot will definately not shoot through or see through it.

who cares about a "storm the front" every damn round! they should go there on thier own........but dont anymore. and do you think, of all people, that i dont know that myself?? hehe

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 30-03-2004 at 03:00..

Closed Thread