.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Closed Thread

Re: POD-bot back into shape.
Old
  (#231)
kedat

Default Re: POD-bot back into shape. - 21-03-2004

First, PMB is fixing POD 2.6 source code. I understand 2.5 source was lost forever. Must agree with >BKA< that current version is "PODBot Improved". AND THIS IS GOOD, AND I LOVE NEW PODBot, maybe PMBot? . Works with StatsMe, 16 bots and me and the game still rocks. Great, great job!

Old
  (#232)
CoCoNUT

Youīre right. Tested the new bot especially on as-maps. The VIP takes different routes, on de- and cs-maps all I can see ist great gameplay, CTs watching over the lost bomb, Ts playing great together, bots go straight forward to complete their mission. I see important improvements in comparison to the old Podbot 2.5. The bot NEVER crashed during my tests. Great work .

For maps, nav-files, waypoints and more visit: http://coconut.de.tc

Last edited by CoCoNUT; 21-03-2004 at 17:16..

Old
  (#233)
The Goomba Mattress

I second that.

Old
  (#234)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

I guess you guys are right..
PMB already improved it

Old
  (#235)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Ok, that sounds very encouraging. If you are all so enthusiastic about this recent release, I guess I'm gonna risk an update - this way I'll be able to enjoy the new improvements concerning the waypoint editor... 9_9

But first, I'm trying out CS 1.6 online ( 8o I cant't believe I'm actually doing this... wish me luck! ) And once I have 1.6, I can as well try the bot with it later.

Old
  (#236)
hondaman

PM: I appreciate your efforts with the podbob, however, you cant tell the entire mod community to stuff themselves if your bot doesnt work with everyone else's stuff. Thats rather arrogant. If amx/adminmod/statsme/whatever works fine, and then I add your podbot, it doesnt bode well for you to start blaming everyone else when its YOUR bot crashing the server.

hondaman
www.hardgaming.com

Old
  (#237)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

but it is true when another plugin developer doesn't consider anything about bots playing in the game.
adminmod and statsme has bot protection.

Old
  (#238)
CoCoNUT

@>BKA<: You can keep your 1.5-installation and install the new 1.6 . Good luck. Since you can play offline, only thing I donīt like is the shield. When there are no DOS-attacs Steam is better than most people say. Donīt be afraid .

For maps, nav-files, waypoints and more visit: http://coconut.de.tc

Old
  (#239)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

@hondaman: there is ONE thing that makes bots crash (for YEARS), it is when a plugin decides to send them a HUD text network message, or any sort of network message directed to the client.dll. There's simply nothing we can do about it ! If the plugin maker cares about bots he will send these messages to real clients only, but most of them don't think about all this and persist sending network messages to bots. It makes the bot crash, and it is the bot DLL which is crashing and not the plugin, okay, but hell I can't just disassemble and recompile the whole Counter-Strike client.dll to include it with the bot !!! There is nothing I can do, if the bot crashes it is not the bot maker's fault but the plugin maker ! That which not everybody understands the first time, but it's the truth ! Cruel world :'( :'( :'(

Anyway yesterday I made a mistake while fixing the crash bug on cs_maps, and the result was a bug where the bots would try picking up a primary weapon on the ground when they have the shield. This bug is fixed. Download the new release at this URL as usuals:
http://racc.bots-united.com/releases/podbot.zip

Sorry for that bug.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#240)
pendragn

Default Re: POD-bot back into shape. - 22-03-2004

I have noticed one thing about the hud messages...it seems that if you're running on a listen server, and you actually happen to be in the game also it won't crash. [anyway of my plugins none of them seem to do that, even with statsme and stuff, oddly the only one that crashes it now is a map, fy_rambohulk which sends a hud message when the hulk is spawned - but all the other regular maps I run have been running without so much as a hiccup].

-Mike

Closed Thread