.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Need Help
Old
  (#1)
Robert967

Default Need Help - 10-04-2006

sorry,

im a little new to this palce as you can tell, and would like to ask a question, it may be stupid but pleace barewith. everytime i start a game it crashes after reaching 1 on warmup....ive tried plenty of things to stop this however i am to new to the wolfenstien codin, and i havent messed with a game like this since MOHAA, which was years ago, so im a little to rusty.

any help would be appreciative.

Re: Need Help
Old
  (#2)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Need Help - 10-04-2006

which mod; Fritbot RTCW or Fritzbot ET?

does it happen on all maps?

can you give some details about your pc; like cpu, o/s, ram

if it's Fritz ET, do you have the 2.60 patch installed?

Old
  (#3)
Valiant

Its also important to note, the now slightly lower on the main screen news item regarding Fritz ET V.60 in which the qagame_mp_x86.dll was compiled to take advantage of newer processor functions and could cause crashes on older CPU's (like mine for example: AMD K-7 Athlon 1.2ghz 266mhz FSB).

That problem has been corrected and the fixed/recompiled DLL is included in the new version - Fritz ET V.60b which is in the filebase and directly accessible from the Fritz ET link on the main page.

There's also an odd crashbug occuring with the cgame_mp_x86.dll that to the best of my knowledge is being hunted down for extermination in the near future.

I would suggest in addition to Shoot's questions - trying to see if either of these two filenames are in your error messages upon the crash (if you recieve any such messages.)

The way is made clear when viewed from above.

Old
  (#4)
Robert967

I am currently running the following.

3 HD, 160gb each
2 gig ram
AMD 64x2 D/C 4800+- and is 2.4ghz.
Geforce 7800 VC

--------------------------

RUNNING ET FRITZ

also some maps are not running, currently the only maps i can load are oasis, and radar.......and i have to kick all bots when it gets to 1 on the warmup timer, and add em back one by one once the map starts.

i have done windowed with error reports, and funny thing is there are none, seems like its clean when it crashes.

and when loading maps other then oasis and radar, its just sits there trying to connect, and yes these maps are supported, or claimed to be by fritz.

so im a little confused, ive even reinstalled both ET and fritz.

Old
  (#5)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

check your pm's

EDIT: Crash was determined to be because of some corrupted files. If any one else is seeing this, deleting Fritzbot folder and re-downloading the mod should solve it.

Last edited by CrapShoot; 10-04-2006 at 23:29..

Old
  (#6)
Mase

Default Re: Need Help - 13-04-2006

hello! i´m new to this forum!
i had used the "OmniBot" before i found the "FritzBot" today! i tried many bots before and i have to say, that the FritzBot is the best! now it makes fun to play ET offline!
i have the same problem like the guy here! i must kick all bots or set the on pause before the match begins! and some maps doenst start! my english inst very good, so i didn understand wat "CrapShoot" mean! do i have to delet the fritzbot folder and download and past it again?

Old
  (#7)
Boosted

yes.

Old
  (#8)
Mase

ok! thx mate!

Old
  (#9)
Mase

Default Re: Need Help - 14-04-2006

now the maps are loading...but after warm-up game closed! but i found a trick! at the first map of the campain dont join any team until the warm-up is finished, then go to the team you like and add the bots! at the end of the map set pause for the bots on! after warm-up of the next map, set pause to off! you have to do this at every start and end of a map, so its working!

sry for my english