.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Need new action?
Old
  (#1)
the bindlestiff

Default Need new action? - 19-12-2005

Craig has suggested that I begin my waypointing attempt with a small, simple map such as Zion castle (mp_zion). I've had a look at and it seems like a good one to cut my eyeteeth on.

There is one point that I'm not clear about. The escape route goes up a ladder and through a window. The window has glass in it and you have to shoot it to get through. It is also possible to blow it with dynamite. A normal dynamite objective has an entity class called "trigger_objective_info." However, the entity class of the window glass is called "func_explosive."

How do I waypoint it so a bot will shoot the glass when he encounters it? I don't think an engineer dyno objective will work because the glass doesn't have the correct entity class. What is "func_explosive" used for, anyway?

Looks like fun! There is only one objective in the map, but the battle to get it will be fierce because it's located immediately next to the defender's spawn point. And the getaway route is tortuous.

Re: Need new action?
Old
  (#2)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: Need new action? - 20-12-2005

The func_explosive is used to tell RTCW that the particular brush it's linked to is destroyable, when defined in a map the mapper sets the health of the brush, debris, etc.

The window glass if it isn't an objective would be considered a barrier. Currently there isn't any way to have bots destroy barriers on their own (these are things like windows, barbed wire barricades, etc.) and there probably won't be support for it (bots are pretty flaky with it from what i hear).

But it can still be removed, Mal has a barrier removal system in place where the func_explosive of the barrier (with map name) is put in the code and is automatically removed from the map once loaded. To do this, send mal or me the func_explosive numbers for any barriers you want removed and we'll add it to the code and release it in a patch/release.

Using this system you won't have to worry about a bot shooting the glass out because it won't be there.

Also if you run into objectives that are missing in the map we can fix those too using the func_explosive number as well. Those are a bit harder to obtain though because if an objective is removed it'll remove the func_explosive as well. The best alternative to find those numbers i found was to load the map in wolfbot and find it using their objective entity system because wolfbot goes by func_explosive numbers.

I've been meaning to add this stuff to the waypoint guide for some time so it's a good thing you brought it up.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Old
  (#3)
the bindlestiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
The window glass if it isn't an objective would be considered a barrier. Currently there isn't any way to have bots destroy barriers on their own (these are things like windows, barbed wire barricades, etc.) and there probably won't be support for it (bots are pretty flaky with it from what i hear).

But it can still be removed, Mal has a barrier removal system in place where the func_explosive of the barrier (with map name) is put in the code and is automatically removed from the map once loaded. To do this, send mal or me the func_explosive numbers for any barriers you want removed and we'll add it to the code and release it in a patch/release.
Thanks for the enlightenment, Denny. There are two window panes that need to be removed from mp_zion. Their entity numbers are 165 and 167. Until the patch is done, I'll just path through them, and for testing, run ahead of the bots and break them myself.

Old
  (#4)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bindlestiff
Thanks for the enlightenment, Denny. There are two window panes that need to be removed from mp_zion. Their entity numbers are 165 and 167. Until the patch is done, I'll just path through them, and for testing, run ahead of the bots and break them myself.
Okay, sent them to Mal so it should be avilable in a fauture patch or whatever. For future reference, feel free to send us more barrier removal requests along with the barrier's func_explosive number and we'll add them in, there's no limit to how many we can remove either so if you want say 10 removed or something it can be done (i know i removed about 15 or so barrier's for mk_trainyard) just make sure you got all the entity numbers correct.

Also if you run into a troublesome objective the bots have trouble with that can be removed using the barrier system as well, i had to do it for the sewer lid on mp_carentan because the bots weren't working good at all with it (they wouldn't recognize it as being destroyed so they'd keep planting dyno there even after the lid was destroyed)

I also sent mal a fix for the main gate on mp_faustlager in case anyone is doing that map and noticed the main gate was all messed up.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.