Re: E-mail to CS - Nation
Old
  (#5)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: E-mail to CS - Nation - 07-11-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo
The work here will be not useless if You can show to the people Your bot is better (or at least the same good) as offical CSBOT. About 1 month ago I've asked sPlOrYgOn to make tests POBOT-CSBOT on some maps of CZERO (because he almost lost all the motivation to wotk on podbot). I guess the results wasn't bad, but there is something to do and there are some possibility to improve podbot to be better than official CSBOT.
But look also at the world around - CZERO released, CS:Sources released (or almost - don't have the valid info) - but there are still a ot of servers with CS1.6 and they will be not closed yet for long time, I think, and for them the official CSBOT will not work (or I'm wrong?). In this case the Valve's political is good for You guys - because the poeple don't like to pay for new games so fast (need new codes for new games - need pay for them) - that's why CS1.6 will be alive for long time, I think and for it more of bots here can be useful.
I was also thinking about making some competition at BU - some server with HLTV to make some turnament between bots (like fotball championships - some games in groups and after some quartelfinals, semifinals and final). The competition always improve the product. But after speaking with some people - they told me - it could start after some hating discussions like - why this bot was a winner and this one a loser or something - so I've decided to don't start the topic about this - since You are united - maybe competition could not be good for this "united".
If you want to compare bots, you better do that on a LOT of fields. Because a simple win/lose ratio will not do. Most people do not want to go through the hassle of installing new 3rd party bots, even if they are better... and with broadband connections getting more affordable...

anyway, most authors code for themselves, ie, they like coding. I think thats practicly the most biggest reason for most authors here.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me