View Single Post
Re: breakout_et_b2 navigation
Old
  (#29)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: breakout_et_b2 navigation - 12-05-2008

BTW I still have not confirmed that the engineers act the same way re:the 5 second bug if the opposite team defuses. This may just be because the planting engineers switch to fight mode and don't invoke their self-preservation behavior.

The defuse action to the locked up situation (defuse your own team's dyno in the last 5 seconds, get your team spamming no valid goals or equivalent then add engrs to the defusing team (respawn at 1sec)) looks like they also believe dynamite is planted and will go to the actions and wait. Now if I plant another dyno at one of the locked up actions the defusing engineer will defuse and that resets the lockup and the planting team goes back to plant.

Now I have not tested defuse at de-linked actions, but the going to the wrong defuse point I have observed in linked cases. This was a problem I found in 2hide and caha_tavern. The defusing engrs go to one of the actions and if they don't see the dynamite they just stay there. Now in each map I was linking in defuse only actions to cover human plants out of sequence or placement, and I found that is a problem in other ways, so I should go back and check if the poor defuse search behavior is also related. (And no, defuse only actions don't work. alas).