View Single Post
Re: breakout_et_b2 navigation
Old
  (#13)
enigma1

Default Re: breakout_et_b2 navigation - 17-04-2008

Yes, I tried the mg code works nicely. I will use it but not for this map on the existing mgs. I checked the existing 2 entities, the models appear without targets or scriptnames so there is no way to link them in the .script.

not sure if you can remove them if they do not include a scriptname/targetname seems this particular map was simply ported from RTCW.

I also tried the func_explosive event again using faketois. Now according to the wiki doc, the typical handler looks like:

Code:
//the fake toi
faketoi1
{
     spawn
     {

}

death
     {

}

trigger remove
     {
           remove
     }
}
I don't understand the purpose of the trigger remove function there. The system will call the death event (when alerteentity is invoked) and so everything can be handled there. The remove command also may not be needed. When I checked the entity after the event was triggered the entity was gone as expected.

Also crapshoot mentioned at some point memory leaks with multiple func_explosive entries. How do you detect the leaks is there a dedicated command or from the O/S panel?

I will write some documentation for the reader and send you the links. I will probably get sometime this weekend.

Thanks
CK-Chaos