View Single Post
Re: Uniform Bots-United and its bots
Old
  (#5)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Uniform Bots-United and its bots - 04-07-2008

Looks like http://www.epodbot.com/ is not up anymore?

Anyhow, you should e-mail Onno he can get you asap some ftp info to update your site.

Perhaps we should rethink how we set up Bots-United.

www.bots-united.com has a nice welcome page, but from user perspective it is a lot of information at once and they don't have a clue what to do.

Ie; lets call our visitor "dude" and he wants to play against a bot for DOD and he heard of bots-united.com. Well if he came to bots-united.com, he would'nt know what each bot is. There is a name, and author. No mod displayed.

Only when you're at the forums you can see the mods displayed. So there has been thoughts about it. Perhaps we can move that to the front page as well?

So, perhaps we can create a portal like thingy where the homepage welcomes the user. And we have to make it easy for our visitors (who are mostly non-programmers i suppose) to find what they are looking for (a cs bot, dm bot, dod bot, rtcw bot, etc).

Also, i am hoping some other people also react to this post (but i am just too active atm so i might ask too much , it aint the old days anymore )

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me