View Single Post
PB: "Block with hostage" ignored by Bots?
Old
  (#1)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default PB: "Block with hostage" ignored by Bots? - 09-02-2004

Hello Pierre-Marie!

First of all, I'd like to THANK YOU for your cool MM plugins - I'm currently using some of them and they all rule!
However, in your PODBot plugin I noticed one problem that already existed in other adaptations of the latest PODBot source codes such as POXBot (R.I.P.?): On cs-type maps, CT bots tend to ignore those "Block with hostage" flags, jumping into vents after activating the hostages and stuff like that.
Now if I were a total newbie to the whole waypointing business I'd suspect myself of having f***ed up, but having waypointed more than 50 maps, I think I know what I'm doing. And I noticed this behaviour of ignoring "block with hostage" flags on maps I waypointed myself, and where I had explicitly blocked the waypoints that nonetheless were used by CT bots with hostages.
Could this be a bug in the PB source code both your plugin and POXBot are based upon? Or is it due to the fact that I have to stick to PB 2.5 to make waypoints? Maybe something gets lost when a later PODBot adaptation interprets those PB 2.5 waypoint sets?