View Single Post
Re: help - radio emulation
Old
  (#5)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: help - radio emulation - 22-10-2005

To help him, I really need two know a lot of things:
1. How do bot percept my radio command, when I use "Follow me" for example - I need to know what is the most important thing the bots need to receive to intercept is a radio message.
2. Write_byte, write_string, message_begin etc - I believe they are some HL SDK functions used directly from sma scripts without necessity converting them to any C++ HL functions - so any bot coder should be able to say anything more tahn me about them (I don't know HL SDK). I will ask some AMX or AMX X developer if it's true. I used such commands sequence to clear-up buy icon - to prevent people buying any stuff. But for some reason it was not working for bots (for human players it's working great) - probably it's because of metamod preventing to send some messages to bots.
3. Need more knowledge about metamod - what is allowed , what is blocked etc. What is possible to send to another mm plugin - what is not.

I think only Pierre with cooperation with Bailopan (AMX MOD X dev team, metamod maintainer) and T(+)rget (AMX dev team) can really help You. I will ask them to say us something more.