View Single Post
Independed Thinking Machine
Old
  (#1)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Independed Thinking Machine - 21-12-2004

I got the basic principles working, and therefor i find it appropiate to introduce you to my version of a game-independant bot template.

The ITM-Bot, The "Independed Thinking Machine". The architecture is easy, neat, and it works for HL1 (CSTRIKE) atm. There is still work todo, but the bots spawn, choose a team, etc. So the basics work: Bot can recieve messages, its able to update its data, it can send messages (data) back to the server so it 'interacts'.

The interface has only a few 'most needed' functions that the 'empty' interface also offers.

Is there any 'advantage' over other bots, no. Why did i do it? Why not? I looked into PMB's code, and i understand the principle, but that does not make me fully understand the code. I wanted to do it myself, just to create an as naked as possible code.

For instance, the entities list is not updated yet. And , i want to do this for most important entities only. I am not sure yet what is handy to do, update the entire long list of entities, or just the 'important to bots' one.

Anyhow, just was anxious to tell you i got my bot working too. And i hope i can create a HL2 interface soon, so the bot thinking is there, and i only need a few functions to work for the bot. But thats a long way to go

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me