View Single Post
Re: Limitation of actions in the aiscript file
Old
  (#5)
enigma1

Default Re: Limitation of actions in the aiscript file - 06-12-2007

Hi Tom,
Yes I read the suggestions from the forum and wiki. The documentation is very good indeed.
I will try few things including treating the walls as major costruction plants instead of dynamites to see if this works. I am trying to avoid adding entries/entities through the main .script file as I read that I should limit the fake entities to 5 otherwise there might me memory leaks. There are already 6 faketois I had to create for the tank splines to detect the barriers and other events till the tank reaches the temple. So I am not sure if what I read was an old post and with the later DLLs it's no longer a problem. If I have to add another fake entity.... oh well I need to rework all the actions and re-check the entities again (as they surely will change). I was hoping to avoid that.
I have tried different maps and with the major cosntruction objectives pumping up the goal numbers, I had to rethink my approach enabling solely groups instead of relying on the goal ID.
I am using hobbit's tool since I started with fritzbot, although I'm messing around for a over a year now I didn't post anything earlier on.
Thanks for the links I will check them too. I will post again once I test the map with the moded actions.
Regards
CK-Chaos
PS: When I checked Michelangelo's nav file (for the mlb_temple) had a similar approach to for the bridge construction. I saw exactly the same problem I was having with the ally eng spinning around the first bridge toi (when its a major construction).