Thread: progress
View Single Post
Re: progress
Old
  (#199)
RoboCop
vBulletin Veteran

Default Re: progress - 11-09-2019

Also I do wonder if it is possible for SandBot to run with another bot like ShrikeBot and self-learn by coping and analysing how ShrikeBot interacts and on capping?

Reason I asked is I'm currently helping and testing RealBot that can self-learn and doesn't clash with POD Bot or even YaPB as RealBots need to "observe" and watch how either human players or POD Bots interact and maybe avoid having to figure out how to import ShrikeBot or SturmBot waypoints into SandBot, rather than wasting too many time and effort remaking the fresh waypoints for SandBot for DOD 1.3.

I mean let's face it we cannot waste our time on having more and more waypoints manually made as well that not many players play on DOD 1.3 or even Op4CTF a lot nowadays.

Also I do know that not also that YaPB can use waypoints from POD Bot as it is compatible, but they also store experience data to try surprise and overwhelm their opponent's strategy by noting their preference on which routes or weapons they choose to prevent them flanking.

Of the problem is with bots that can only either using waypoints or .navs from CZ Bot, CSS Bot, CSGO as well as TF2 Bots, is not many players will find those bots appealing as they don't have the "common sense" such is experience or wisdom - which makes them less human like. Of course most of us know that HPB Bot is currently quite versatile as it can play over 6 HL1 Game Mods, but their performance and movement is too sluggish and lame, as well use too many Server CPU power and RAM.

Jeefo did some hard work and aggressive optimisations for YaPB to make it perform better than JoeBot, POD Bot and RACC - that YaPB can use waypoints as well as the exp data; that I've just elaborated.

So depending on the support or tests needed for SandBot it will take more of a longer progress to try achieve its goals and iron as many bugs as we can.

vBulletin Webmaster since 2001