Thread: Waypointing
View Single Post
Re: Waypointing
Old
  (#25)
Ghoul

Default Re: Waypointing - 12-12-2004

Sniper waypoints don't work right now, but perhaps in the next release I'll have it so bots on a defensive role will camp at sniper points and use the crossbow and gauss.

I've been doing testing in attempts to locate the crash/loop, it's prooving to be a very difficult task. So far the bug seems to be related to weapon usage somehow:

1. In games where spawn equipped and everything researched on, the crash usually seems to happen within 5 minutes, sometimes in less than 1.

2. When I disabled weapon switching (the bots only stayed on one weapon), the crash didn't happen (at least not in the three or so hours of steady gameplay).

3. When I told the bots only to use a few weapons (colt, shotgun, tommy gun, uzis), the crash took an hour to occur, rather than a few minutes.

In the games where freezing doesn't occur, are there any specific research paths you're not taking? Not researching a lot of weapons? I'm also looking into if it is related to collecting resources and the forced "resource weapon". Do the games you've played without crashes have resources or no? Any details are appreciated.

Thanks for using my bot, despite this horrible bug.

Oh yeah, the bot has been ported to metamod and is working fine. The next release will have both the standard 'hooker' method, and a metamod DLL.

Good day!