Thread: UBotScript?
View Single Post
Re: UBotScript?
Old
  (#26)
Killaruna

Default Re: UBotScript? - 04-06-2004

The example goals I wrote fit so lovely for a deathmatch environment because that's what I wrote them for I've never programmed any team-oriented goals and have no clear ideas of what you CS-programmers make your bots do and how you do that... So just a first brainstorming on that topic:
- You said two kinds of analysis in parallel, one of the perceptions, the other of the team goals. Sound logical to me. Maybe we could divide these two "scripts" in two different files? Makes things more interchangable, I imagine you could use a great part of deathmatch logic for certain team games as well.
- The team goals file should have limits of the # of bots executing each goal at one. You only need one bot to plant the bomb, but maybe two to cover him, the rest sniping or patrolling, no idea... Anyway, when checking team goals bots can query how many team members are already working on that specific goal and decide in favour or against it.
- If someone could describe his bot's logic for teamplay, I might come up with more ideas on how to formalize that.
I think the syntax is the least problematic step here, that's pretty much interchangable. And I agree to kicking XML for some simpler code