View Single Post
Re: Google gets nuts
Old
  (#6)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: Google gets nuts - 08-02-2004

There are preview releases of the code, like they do with movies, and that could be the source of the leak - unless the source code was included. If there's source code, then it could of been a disgruntled employee doing the leak and no amount of network security will fix that.

Quote:
this one would watch every process starting up. Once everything was configured it would easily catch weird new process trying to run that were not previously approved.
This seems like an obvious thing to add to any operating system, makes me wonder why it has not been done. I'd add one more thing. Every process should be identifiable and tagged with security settings stating who is allowed to run them.

At the moment, I periodically do a manual scan to see what processes are running to make sure everything is normal. However, I don't see those nasty DLL's anywhere, and they can contain viruses.

Anyway, I'm moving forward with Linux, so soon I'll be dealing with a totally different set of problems, and hopefully viruses won't be one of them.

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut