View Single Post
Re: min and max bot settings?
Old
  (#4)
silentrunner007
Bot user

Default Re: min and max bot settings? - 01-04-2005

The reason I tried the grave_bot is because every couple of months one of my clan's members will bitch about the bots in my server. One of there biggest complaints(about HPB...which is what i have used for years) is that they were always getting killed by the bots with the pistol from across the maps. The others just simply complain that there are bots in the server. I have told them the reason I use bots is because they draw traffic to the server(nobody likes joining an empty server). when my server was a WON server i ran maxbots as 2 or 3 and minbots set to 0. So as "live" players joined the bots would get kicked so that as the server filled there would only be real players in it. Since I switched to STEAM the server will crash when using those min/max bot settings. The only way i have found to keep the server from crashing is that I run min/max bot as the same(in my case 2). I hope you can come up with a way to get min and max bot settings working Ghoul.....I am truly impressed with your bots and to get the min/max settings working would make them perfect as far as I am concerned. If you need a test server for any future versions just let me know. I'll gladly test them on my server.

oh...heres a quote of a post from my clans private forum about the bots. I LOL when I read this...

Quote:
I don't dislike them, it's just that some peeps are getting confused. It took me quite a while the other day to convince one guy in the server that the bots were really bots. He kept saying "no way, how the hell is a Bot winning?". Then he would go off on the Bot and accuse the bot of cheating. It was really quite funny. What made it even funnier was trhe fact that the Bot did win the game.