View Single Post
Playing with E[POD]bot v5.1 + v5.2
Old
  (#1)
RR99i

Default Playing with E[POD]bot v5.1 + v5.2 - 08-08-2006

Hi THE_STORM and everyone,

I'm still going to give future releases of YaPB a try. The bots are just too hard for me. Strelomet is trying to make the bots easier for me to play with. But anyway. I have a couple of things to point out.

1. In E[POD]bot's manual.txt, this may confuse newcomers to the program...

Code:
- An alternative way to register your bot is to editing the cstrike/liblist.gam.
  Change the lines beginning with gamedll and gamedll_linux to:
    gamedll "EPODbot\EPB_i686.dll"
    gamedll_linux "EPODbot\EPB_i686.so"
Instead of gamedll "EPODbot\EPB_i686.dll", it should be gamedll "EPODbot\EPB.dll" .

2. Can E[POD]bot installer, install the liblist.gam they way it needs to be. For E[POD]bot to work?

On cs_italy, I LOVE how the bots will jump on the lower roofs of the buildings. In the fruit market area. But I've noticed that both the CT and Terrorist just stay mostly around that area. They don't explore the rest of the map. It may have to do with a waypoint problem.

I'll post more as I play with E[POD]bot. I'm just installing E[POD]bot v5.1 first, then, E[POD]bot v5.2. I noticed the v5.1 is a little bigger, maybe for more waypoints. I'm also using Counter-Strike 1: Anthology. E[POD]bot, POD-Bot_mm, and YaPB are pretty much the only ones that work with CS 1: Anthology.

EDIT: I've been using E[POD]bot for about a week or so. I downloaded it before I had to reformat my PC, because of a beta version firewall. The bots seem to do ok, but do mess up some. Like on as_oilrig. One terrorist will always have trouble with the ladder, by where they start. Also, the VIP never goes to the floor lift on as_oilrig. I can't tell, if like YaPB, they can't use floor lift switch. I hope I helped some little problems with E[POD]bot. I start testing YaPB first. Grown attached to using it and helping. Just wish the bots would be easier for me to play with.

Last edited by RR99i; 08-08-2006 at 10:25..