View Single Post
Re: Reporting of Bugs and Errors for E[POD]bot
Old
  (#17)
Phorce_Phed

Default Re: Reporting of Bugs and Errors for E[POD]bot - 01-02-2006

I loaded the latest EPD on my dedicated Linux CS 1.5 server (WON2) and while it basically works, there are a few issues:

1. I set "epb_max_bots 4" and left "epb_min_bots 0" in EPB.cfg which (according to the description) means that when I join the server one of the bots should leave. This doesn't happen. All four bots stay in the game when I join.

2. I replaced the names in EPBnames.txt with 15 names of my own (all of them fewer than 12 characters, all of them alphanumeric) however while two of the bots pick names from that file the other two are named "bot [number]" (where [number] is a two digit number)

3. The instructions in EPODbot/doc/manual.txt say to modify cstrike/titles.txt. I followed them, but when I type "epb_botmenu" at the in-game console I get something similar to what you see in the screenshot Black_Hunter posted earlier in this thread. Reading another thread on here I see there appears to be special modifications required for CS 1.5, however I can't download the file attached to THE_STORM's message (the forum just sends me a 1x1 GIF instead).

Versions:
CS 1.5
HLDS Linux 3.1.1.1e
Metamod 1.18 (I'm loading EPD with this)
AMX 0.9.9 Linux WON
HLGuard 1.8

If anyone wants to test this on their own I have a page with the files and instructions needed to set up a server like mine:

http://www.repeatoffender.net/~phorcephed/nowon/