View Single Post
The uphill struggle
Old
  (#1)
birchoff

Default The uphill struggle - 22-06-2004

Since I have heard so many good things about PMB's hpb bot I decided to use it in my school AI project. However I am baffled as to where to start. Now I have gathered that I will need to have a server to run CS on, admin mod and meta mod, However apart from that I am totaly clueless. I have downloaded template 4 and read through the read me a few times to get my barings on the code but I still have two imediate questions from reading the read me.

1. Is the template already have the code to deal with CS.
2. Is the template complete ( meaning is there anything that I need to add to get it to work, if so what)..... I know I know I should just compile it and see what happens but just figured I should give the forum a shot first. before I go conquer this mountain.

more general questions are how do I handle debugging the code... the way I normally handle understanding code is runnning it through the VC debugger and stepping through the parts I dont quite get ( note I am developing the bot on a windows platform at this momment in tiime I dont care about any other platform. I know I am probably asking alot but if you guys would be kind enough to point me in the right direction I would be very much indebted to you....
Ideally I just want to be able to play around with the AI code using different things like genetic algos, genetic programming, baysian networks... stuff like that. Finally, I wanted to know if it is possible to through some C++ classes in the code or does all the programming need to be in C.

Thank you for you time