View Single Post
Re: Getting all the maps for FritzBot
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Getting all the maps for FritzBot - 16-02-2008

Welcome RiotLung to FritzBot ET

I'll try to answer your questions but some of them are not part of FritzBot directly.

1- There are still at least a half dozen good places still letting you download maps individually as well as a few map compendium places. I'll just mention a few of the former.
a) FileFront and http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/ are good places to start a search.
b) http://www.wolfmap.de/ is one of a couple of german download spots that come to mind (this one in English)
c) A google search for the particular mapname, ET and download is generally a good place to go. That is how I have found most of the links that we document in the Fritzbot_Waypointing_Map_Status_List (the username and password are directly mentioned in the initial dialog just drop the "BU). Some of those links go to an italian (.it) server listing that is quite comprehensive (though not upto date).
d) If you live down under and want to use an in country server, member nedd3h has a server he fires up with FritzBot on request and keeps some of the maps he runs on his server.

2- There is a problem kicking individual bots it mostly come back saying they are referees so they can't be kicked. You can kick all bots and then use a config file that you create to make a team of your own choosing. /addbot random does not have a team parameter AFAIK but normally adds a bot to the smaller team if ET is set to require team balance.

3- I would have to know what file you had downloaded for SW_el_kef to answer this one. In general the map downloads are either .pk3, .zip or .rar formats but only the .pk3 is ready to run. Sometimes the .pk3 is renamed .zip other times it is placed inside a .zip. Others repack the files in .rar adding or subtracting files not part of the .pk3 inside. You can test the validity of a .pk3 by testing it with winzip or winrar (just associate .pk3 with one of them, they will understand that it is a pkzip format). Failing that waypoints exist for GA_el_kef also so you could play that instead.

4- Ditto. The extra files like readmes and jpgs not inside the .pk3 are just for your info.

5- I don't remember if there is a command in FritzBot to kill the chatter. If the map is running well there isn't too much IMO. Sometimes the chatter is telling you that the bot is having a problem so I prefer it on.

6- The campaign will run until it gets to railgun. When that map loads the bots will complain. Try changing the match time to one minute to force it to load the next map (you may have to add the bots again). Alternately learn how to create/edit your own campaigns it really is very easy and it just takes notepad and something to zip it. There are also available ET tools for creating map rotations that simplify things.